Topics

Question regarding dcache flushing for arm(specifically armv8, cortex A53)

varun sharma <nurav251@...>

Hi All,

I want to flush dcache in cortex a53 arm cpu, but it seems it is not implemented for arm in zephyr
I can't see any dcache_flush() implementation for arm..

I see it is only available for arc and x86, and not for arm...
pls share any reason it is not implemented for arm?

and if i want to add this, any pointers or pr/commit for that?

Thanks,
Nurav

Carlo Caione

On 11/12/2020 07:25, varun sharma wrote:
Hi All,
Hi Varun,

I want to flush dcache in cortex a53 arm cpu, but it seems it is not implemented for arm in zephyr
I can't see any dcache_flush() implementation for arm..
I'm going to add support for that after https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/30398 is merged.

Feel free to review it if you are willing to help :)

Carlo Caione

varun sharma <nurav251@...>

Hi Carlo,

Thanks for sharing your pr details...will review
any patch you submitted for dcache support in cortex a53 arm cpu?

I also did some homework, your insights will be helpful...

Thanks

On 11/12/2020 07:25, varun sharma wrote:
> Hi All,

Hi Varun,

> I want to flush dcache in cortex a53 arm cpu, but it seems it is not
> implemented for arm in zephyr
> I can't see any dcache_flush() implementation for arm..

I'm going to add support for that after
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/30398 is merged.

Feel free to review it if you are willing to help :)

Carlo Caione

Carlo Caione

On 14/12/2020 16:35, varun sharma wrote:
Hi Carlo,
Hi Varun,

Thanks for sharing your pr details...will review
any patch you submitted for dcache support in cortex a53 arm cpu?
Not yet, but the code is pretty much this https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/30676/commits/3edf0e843f6c5341b86a3e5c5224e260df1fa6ed if you want to take a look.

Carlo Caione