From: Idupsle [mailto:idupsle(a)gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 6, 2016 8:50 AM
To: devel(a)lists.zephyrproject.org
Subject: [devel] state of development and participation

Hello,

I'm still wondering about this project. Is it right, that most work is
from intel? I was hoping, that NXP is continuing it's work on it - or
was it only for the early- support?
Having just spent the last few days with NXP at Open IoT / Embedded Linux Conference, I can say that they are still active on the project. I will let the member of NXP on the mailing list share their own thoughts about this.

Otherwise I'd like start to develop a little more for my K64, but
looking at those amount of daily changes, especially at the core api -
is it wiser to wait a few months? I really would like to contribute a
litte bit in my sparse spare time to get this board a little bit more
usable :)
I'd encourage you to submit such patches. The APIs should no longer be bouncing around. If they are, please call us out on when it is happening.

Maureen Helm

I'm still wondering about this project. Is it right, that most work is
from intel? I was hoping, that NXP is continuing it's work on it - or
was it only for the early- support?
Having just spent the last few days with NXP at Open IoT / Embedded Linux
Conference, I can say that they are still active on the project. I will let the
member of NXP on the mailing list share their own thoughts about this.
NXP is a founding member of the Zephyr project, so yes we will definitely continue working on it. We're still in the early stages though and will be ramping up in the coming months.

Otherwise I'd like start to develop a little more for my K64, but
looking at those amount of daily changes, especially at the core api -
is it wiser to wait a few months? I really would like to contribute a
litte bit in my sparse spare time to get this board a little bit more
usable :)
I'd encourage you to submit such patches. The APIs should no longer be
bouncing around. If they are, please call us out on when it is happening.
What APIs are you most interested in using with the K64?

Idupsle <idupsle@...>

Hi Maureen,

NXP is a founding member of the Zephyr project, so yes we will
definitely continue working on it. We're still in the early stages
though and will be ramping up in the coming months.
I'm very glad to hear this.

Otherwise I'd like start to develop a little more for my K64, but
looking at those amount of daily changes, especially at the core
api - is it wiser to wait a few months? I really would like to
contribute a litte bit in my sparse spare time to get this board
a little bit more usable :)
I'd encourage you to submit such patches. The APIs should no
longer be bouncing around. If they are, please call us out on when
it is happening.
What APIs are you most interested in using with the K64?
First I was interested for the onboard peripherals, like the RGB-LED and the
accelerometer. But these were only for tests.
Originally I bought this board for the combination of i2c-uart/data-logging and
processing(handy FPU) as well as communiction over the ethernet port.
So, uart and I2C(Not tested yet - maybe it is implemented?) and the SDHC would
be my VIA - very importand APIs :) Ethernet a nice-to-have.

Idups

PS: the Hardware-RNG - found it later in the manual; but I'ld like to add some
gaussian noise to the data-processing+filtering - so this would also be very
nice, if implemented.