stm32u5 mcuboot, etc

Gordon Klaus <gordon@...>

Hi,

My team is considering to use the STM32U575 for our product and we would very much appreciate your feedback.

MCUBoot fails to build on it because the U5 series lacks a flash driver.  I see that there is a work-in-progress PR for the flash driver [0].  Is there any kind of timeline/roadmap for when one might expect this work to be complete?

I also see that the Nucleo U575ZI Q lacks support for a number of interfaces [1] such as I2C, SPI, ADC.  Is this work planned?

I might be able to contribute missing features, if someone could give guidance and an estimate of the effort required.

Best regards,

Gordon

[0] https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/42538

[1] https://docs.zephyrproject.org/2.7.0/boards/arm/nucleo_u575zi_q/doc/nucleou575zi_q.html#supported-features

Erwan Gouriou

Hi Gordon,

Flash driver work will be resumed soon (this week hopefully).
Regarding ADC, I2C, they're both supported on other U5 board: b_u585i_iot02a,
so adding those on nucleo_u575zi should be straightforward.
If you manage to get them working on this board, don't hesitate to contribute.

Cheers
Erwan

On Mon, 14 Mar 2022 at 17:36, Gordon Klaus <gordon@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the reply, Erwan.

Glad to see flash driver development has resumed.

For the moment we’ve started developing against the nucleo_l552ze_q but we will consider using a U5 if it is well enough supported in time.

Cheers,