Topics

[Zephyr-users] Support for Atmel SAMG55

Michael Hope

Hi Adam. I just so happen to be adding support for the Adafruit
ItsyBitsy M4 board ATM. It's SAMD51 based which seems to be basically
the same as the SAMG55.

I've checked the UART, GPIO, SPI, and watchdog drivers so far. I'm
adding a PWM and QSPI driver, and will check the USB driver.

You'll need to create your own board definition and to create the
device tree files.

-- Michael

On Mon, 1 Jun 2020 at 14:32, Adam Podogrocki <a.podogrocki@...> wrote:

Hi,

are there any activities ongoing to add support for SAMG55 MCU to Zephyr?

Regards,
Adam

Adam Podogrocki

Hi Michael,

I'm afraid it won't be as easy as using definition for SAMD51. I've compared memory mapping. It is enough to see that Internal Flash has different address, there is Internal ROM in G55. G55 has a single AHB-APB Brigde, wheres D51 has 4 Bridges. In D51 there are Serial Communication Interfaces (SERCOM) which can be configured in I2C, SPI, or USART mode. In G55 similar role is played by FLEXCOM, but memory addresses are different.

In short words it looks like G55 needs its own HAL files.

BR,
Adam

On Mon, 1 Jun 2020 at 15:25, Michael Hope <michaelh@...> wrote:
Hi Adam.  I just so happen to be adding support for the Adafruit
ItsyBitsy M4 board ATM.  It's SAMD51 based which seems to be basically
the same as the SAMG55.

I've checked the UART, GPIO, SPI, and watchdog drivers so far.  I'm
adding a PWM and QSPI driver, and will check the USB driver.

You'll need to create your own board definition and to create the
device tree files.

-- Michael

On Mon, 1 Jun 2020 at 14:32, Adam Podogrocki <a.podogrocki@...> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> are there any activities ongoing to add support for SAMG55 MCU to Zephyr?
>
> Regards,
> Adam

Michael Hope

Yip, looks like I jumped the gun. Sorry about that!

On Mon, 1 Jun 2020 at 18:10, Adam Podogrocki <a.podogrocki@...> wrote:

[...]

Kumar Gala

On Jun 1, 2020, at 8:25 AM, Michael Hope <michaelh@...> wrote:

Hi Adam. I just so happen to be adding support for the Adafruit
ItsyBitsy M4 board ATM. It's SAMD51 based which seems to be basically
the same as the SAMG55.

I've checked the UART, GPIO, SPI, and watchdog drivers so far. I'm
adding a PWM and QSPI driver, and will check the USB driver.

You'll need to create your own board definition and to create the
device tree files.

-- Michael
Just an FYI, working on moving pinmux for SAM0 over to DTS like I did for atmel SAM.

Also, we’re under some discussions on QSPI so good to know that you are looking at support for that as well on SAM0.

- k