Zephyr v2.3.0 released
We are pleased to announce the release of Zephyr RTOS version 2.3.0.
Major enhancements with this release include:
* A new Zephyr CMake package has been introduced, reducing the need for
* A new Devicetree API, based on hierarchical macros, has been introduced. This
new API allows the C code to access virtually all nodes and properties in a
clean, organized fashion
* The kernel timeout API has been overhauled to be flexible and configurable,
with future support for features like 64-bit and absolute timeouts in mind
* A new k_heap/sys_heap heap allocator has been introduced, with much better
performance than the existing k_mem_pool/sys_mem_pool
Zephyr now integrates with the TF-M (Trusted Firmware M) PSA-compliant
* The Bluetooth Low Energy Host now supports LE Advertising Extensions
* The CMSIS-DSP library is now included and integrated
The detailed release notes can be found here:
The next release, v2.4.0, is tentatively scheduled for September 25th 2020.
I would like to thank everybody who contributed to this release, be it with code, feedback or documentation.