initial mail for zephyr testing plan
I initialize a test plan based on IEEE 829 template. https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/qm/pull/2.
I propose we can start at defining below things:
1. Testing Items
a) Hardware platforms
b) Software components
e.g. the zephyr project can be divided intro
2. boards drivers
Each company shall have its own test policy on their drivers
5. unit tests
2. How the existing samples and unit test meet our test requirements.
3. Long term / short term quality strategy for test items, and standards.
a) I think for short term, we shall ensure that all features have test coverage, then function coverage, then line/branch coverage(based on requirements)
b) We shall have user cases definition for subsystem cases, and this need help from TSC.
4. Issue reporting and tracking
a) Would current process enough, Reporting on github -> reproduce -> fix -> close.
b) Current the issue severity is defined by code owner, would this be acceptable?
5. Test environment definition and tools
a) Qume simulation environment(already defined)
b) Real board testing(each company shall provide this)
c) Simulation such as renode(working group shall define it in the future)
d) What tools we are recommend to use
i. TestRail report scripts
ii. Renode, do we have free support from renode?
1. I check the source code, I understand they use the cmsis-svd file to get the memory map of SOC, but how could renode know the SOC driver model? In other simulation they need to have a fast model to define the driver behavior.
Thanks for your comments!