Re: ideas on interaction with other working group for more exposure on testing staff supporting

Jennifer M Williams

Hi all,

Building on this – today we discussed how an agenda can help with traction. But first, we need insight for an agenda others will relate to.

@Maureen Helm Is it permissible to create an informal survey for the community? Is there are preferred platform (surveymonkey, etc.)?

We could offer rated, multi-choice, and/or short-answer on (rephrasing needed):

·        What does sustainability look like?

·        What does community (devs, users, etc.) want and need?

·        What are the benefits to dev/community? Clarify for all.

·        What levels of testing are needed?

·        What specific workflows and tests are needed?

·        What can community and WG do to resolve?

o   Open enhancements and track?

·        What are the challenges and limitations?

o   Can be anything such as tools, workflows, timing of WG, etc.

·        What can help raise attendance in WG?

o   Overall adoption of testing mindset at all stages, with top-down encouragement to think about testing

·        Gather concerns short-/long-term

Example agenda:

·        10 minutes Opens/Updates

·        10 minutes Learning (topic-based, demo or tutorial)

·        15 minutes Asking (tests needed)

·        15 minutes Acting (code review related to testing)

Need to get a timeslot and the survey provides initial feedback. Other WGs can have full agendas and need heads up (i.e API Dev).

Thanks,

Jen