Slides related to the test scenarios naming convention

Perkowski, Maciej

Hi,
I am attaching the slides I’ve shown during todays testing wg meeting. They presents the results of our analysis of test scenarios names currently existing in Zephyr. It exposes the existing and possible issues. Some ideas of what can be done to improve the situation are also presented, however the main point of these slides was to show the current status and to spark discussion on what and how can be done to improve the situation.

Cheers,

Maciej Perkowski | Software Test Developer
M +48 728 395 111 | Kraków, Poland
nordicsemi.com | devzone.nordicsemi.com

Nordic_logo_signature

Greg Shue

Interesting deck. Please plan for:

- uniquely identifying tests/samples/product builds from every module repository in the workspace.

- avoiding merge conflicts with supplementary tests introduced in downstream forks

- not restricting the depth of tests/samples/product directory trees.

Thanks,

Gregory Shue
Software/Firmware Engineer, Sr.
BUILDING CONTROL SYSTEMS
gregory.shue@...
www.legrand.us

I am attaching the slides I’ve shown during todays testing wg meeting. They presents the results of our analysis of test scenarios names currently existing in Zephyr. It exposes the existing and possible issues. Some ideas of what can be done to improve the situation are also presented, however the main point of these slides was to show the current status and to spark discussion on what and how can be done to improve the situation.

Cheers,

Maciej Perkowski | Software Test Developer
M +48 728 395 111 | Kraków, Poland
nordicsemi.com | devzone.nordicsemi.com

Nordic_logo_signature

Ce message, ainsi que tous les fichiers joints à ce message, peuvent contenir des informations sensibles et/ ou confidentielles ne devant pas être divulguées. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire de ce message (ou que vous recevez ce message par erreur), nous vous remercions de le notifier immédiatement à son expéditeur, et de détruire ce message. Toute copie, divulgation, modification, utilisation ou diffusion, non autorisée, directe ou indirecte, de tout ou partie de ce message, est strictement interdite.

This e-mail, and any document attached hereby, may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized, direct or indirect, copying, disclosure, distribution or other use of the material or parts thereof is strictly forbidden.

Hake Huang

Besides fixing the issues found. I suggestion we can use test application path plus its build config in testcases.yml as identifier. And we can provide scripts to generate a test identifier

./gen_test_identify.py tests/drivers/flash drivers.flash.nrf_qspi_nor

Will give you test id as below

test.driver.flash@...

with those two inputs the test id should be identical, and  we can all aligned with a fixed mechanism by nature.

Regards,

Hake