Re: I2c problem on 96b Carbon.

Iñaki Malerba <inakimmalerba@...>

I didn't check polling now, but it didnt work before. It talked a bit but then it recieved lots of zeros, as if it hangs on reading with the clock enabled.

The msg.flags things I talk about is this line:
https://github.com/ydamigos/zephyr/commit/9405d5555767d68553dfa19fcde6f41db39b383f#diff-9ff105b6f35c79a820c16955747b3685R99
(also in `handle_txe`).

If you have some minutes, we can chat or something.

Btw I tested the chip with an arduino and it worked perfectly.

__
Martin Iñaki Malerba
inakimmalerba@... | +54 02945 15468443

On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 8:48 AM, Yannis Damigos <giannis.damigos@...> wrote:
On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 2:20 PM, Iñaki Malerba <inakimmalerba@...> wrote:
> Hi Yannis.
>
> Thanks for your answer.
>
> No luck.
>
> I found out yesterday it was looping on `handle_rxne` because i've commented
> a line.
>
> Now, cherrypicking that commit, gets looped on `handle_txe` as it doesnt
> generate the stop condition (`i2c_burst_read` adds the I2C_MSG_RESTART
> flag).

I don't think the problem is in i2c_burst_read. If you check the
driver code, STM32 I2C driver doesn't use msg.flags to generate a stop
condition.
I tested the I2C driver on olimexino_stm32 (stm32f103rb) and
96b_carbon (stm32f401re) boards, driving an oled display based on
ssd1306 chip at 400 kHz, using both interrupt and polling mode.

Did you also check polling mode?

I'll try to get an I2C slave device with read support to test it as
soon as possible.

Yannis