Re: DFU via UART

Carles Cufi

Hi Phil,

the smp_svr sample already enables DFU over the console:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/blob/master/samples/subsys/mgmt/mcumgr/smp_svr/prj.conf#L16

You can use a simpler alternative by disabling the shell and enabling direct UART transport:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/blob/master/samples/subsys/mgmt/mcumgr/smp_svr/prj.conf#L17

The difference is just using BASE64 encoding in the shell transport.

Regarding the mcumgr parameters:

https://mynewt.apache.org/latest/newtmgr/command_list/newtmgr_conn.html

You can use a connection profile like:

mcumgr conn add myserial03 type=serial connstring="dev=/dev/ttys003, baud=115200"

Carles