Re: STM32 CAN bus driver issues #stm32 #can

Lawrence King

Hi Josef

To me, the problem look more like you didn’t include the CAN bus drivers when you built the kernel. Try running ‘make menuconfig’ and turning on the CAN bus, then rebuilding.

From: users@... <users@...> On Behalf Of Erwan Gouriou
Sent: Friday, March 29, 2019 11:21 AM
To: Josef Raschen <josef@...>
Cc: users <users@...>
Subject: Re: [Zephyr-users] STM32 CAN bus driver issues #stm32 #can

Hi Joseph,

Which board are you using? Did you check that CAN driver is available for this board?

Not sure it has been deployed for the whole STM32 family.

Erwan

On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 at 10:34, Josef Raschen <josef@...> wrote:

With some more debugging it looks like the STM32 CAN initialization
fails in the STM32 HAL code: At HAL_CAN_Init() the loop waiting for the
INAK bit in the CAN_MSR register to be reset when the initialization
mode of the CAN controller is left. This works with another program (not
using Zephyr) on the same board so I do not expect that my hardware is
broken.