Re: [Networking][socket] When is network is ready to accept a socket connection

Prabhu Vinod, Karthik

Sounds good. Thank you so much Jukka. I think I will end up using NET_EVENT_IPV4_ADDR_ADD event for now. Any expected ETA for the patch you mentioned? ...Approximately !

Many Regards,
Karthik Prabhu Vinod

Help save the planet by choosing not to use single use plastics. Pick paper, bamboo or metal cutlery and carry your own bag to the grocery store. Every little thing you do makes an impact.

´╗┐On 4/10/19, 1:35 AM, "users@lists.zephyrproject.org on behalf of Jukka Rissanen" <users@lists.zephyrproject.org on behalf of jukka.rissanen@linux.intel.com> wrote:

Hi Karthik,

For IPv4 monitoring NET_EVENT_IPV4_ADDR_ADD is best option atm.
For IPv6 the NET_EVENT_IPV6_DAD_SUCCEED and/or
NET_EVENT_IPV6_ROUTER_ADD should be used instead.

These events are not optimal and some more work is needed in the future
to make this more generic. So something like this draft
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/9370 that is still
pending.

Cheers,
Jukka