and share your thoughts.

Thanks,
Mani

On Tue, Mar 5, 2019 at 12:28 AM Mani Sadhasivam <manivannanece23@...> wrote:

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Mani Sadhasivam <manivannanece23@...>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar, 2019, 12:11 AM
Subject: Re: [Zephyr-users] 96Boards GPIO standard names?
To: Lawrence King <lawrence.king@...>

Hi Lawrence,

On Mon, 4 Mar, 2019, 10:43 PM Lawrence King <lawrence.king@... wrote:

I have been writing code for a peripheral board that plugs into a Nitrogen or any other 96Boards compliant board (with 40-pin Low Speed connector) running Zephyr. I was trying to code use of the GPIOs in a way that would work for all compliant boards without adding custom definitions.

The 96Boards IOT specification nicely describes the I/O connector and the features on the connector. For example GPIO-A is on Pin 23 of the connector. Unfortunately each board uses different chipset GPIOs to drive the pin on the connector. If I had a symbolic name for the connector GPIO pin (for example GPIO_96B_A_CONTROLLER and GPIO_96B_A_PIN) that mapped to the chipset GPIIO pin,  then my code would work (after  recompile with the appropriate BOARD=96B_xxx) across all of the compliant boards with no change to the source code.

Right now with the Nitrogen board I have created a set of defines based on reading the schematic, but of course these will not work with the next chip I use I will have to wrap the defines with #if BOARD==96B_xxx .

It is possible that you already have these definitions, but I didn’t manage to find them.

I know that there is a similar implementation done for arduino connector and we need to come up with something similar for 96Boards connectors (refer nucleo_f401re board). This came up before as well as we have several mezzanines also supported in Zephyr.

I will create a github issue for tracking this and we'll continue logging the progress.

Thanks,
Mani

I realize that Zephyr supports many boards with many form factors and this would only solve the issue for a few boards.

Connected Transport Market Unit

https://www.Irdeto.com

+1(416)627-7302

1  2 - linkedin  3 - instagram  4 - youtube  6 - facebook  7

CONFIDENTIAL: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed. It can contain proprietary confidential information and be subject to legal privilege and/or subject to a non-disclosure Agreement. Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying is strictly prohibited. If you are not the/an addressee and are in possession of this e-mail, please delete the message and notify us immediately. Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail. Thank you.

--
மணிவண்ணன் சதாசிவம்