Re: TCP assert error logs

Paul Sokolovsky

Hello Vakul,

On Sat, 9 Sep 2017 09:31:14 +0000
Vakul Garg <vakul.garg@nxp.com> wrote:

I just open a TCP server socket and let it listen for new connections
on 127.0.0.1 on a given server port.
Right, that might work, thanks to
https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/#/c/7007/ , and if you verified, it
apparently does (I don't remember if I ever using 127.0.0.1 address,
I usually tried to use a local interface address in such cases, i.e.
192.0.2.1 by default). But just to get terminology right, there's no
explicit loopback interface in Zephyr, it's just an adhoc check for
the conventional loopback address (though this note is probably
irrelevant for your usecase, so feel free to ignore it [for now]).

Then another thread creates a TCP client socket and connects to the
127.0.0.1 on the same server port. After connection is successful,
client sends one data message on the socket.
What can I say? With such scenario, you went farther than I. Last time I
tried, it wasn't possible to establish a TCP connection under such
conditions at all: https://jira.zephyrproject.org/browse/ZEP-2001 .

I'd suggest to add some comments to the above ticket, describing your
usecase. And ultimately, we'd need a typical small testcase to
reproduce the issue, so feel free to post your code to make a step
towards progress in that direction. I faced that issue when testing
networking support in Zephyr.JS and MicroPython projects, so there're
no readily available minimal testcases.