Re: Trying to perform version exchange procedure #ble

Vinayak Kariappa

Take a look at hci_core.c on how host uses the feature exchange to determine supported Bluetooth features.

Version exchange only helps in identifying a vendor/company and revision of their firmware. And useful to have/handle blacklisting/workaround application behaviors.

I would use HCI command to fetch remote version information. By spec, version exchange to be done only once and to be cached for a peer device. It is best handled by host issuing hci cmd and not have controller do it automatically.

On 18-Jul-2019, at 6:19 PM, Megan Bredes <mbredes@...> wrote:

Well the current goal is to get the version exchange procedure to happen at all, but the end goal is to get it to happen twice so that I can verify that the peripheral that I am talking to responds correctly. I am trying to use zephyr to verify that a peripheral meets a number of bluetooth spec requirements.

Megan

On Thu, Jul 18, 2019 at 7:48 AM Cufi, Carles <Carles.Cufi@...> wrote:

Hi there,

The Version Exchange procedure is a Link Layer one performed automatically by the LL.

What are you trying to achieve exactly?

Carles