Re: TCP assert error logs

Vakul Garg <vakul.garg@...>

Hi Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Sokolovsky [mailto:paul.sokolovsky@linaro.org]
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 4:51 PM
To: Vakul Garg <vakul.garg@nxp.com>
Cc: zephyr-users@lists.zephyrproject.org
Subject: Re: [Zephyr-users] TCP assert error logs

On Wed, 13 Sep 2017 08:50:02 +0000
Vakul Garg <vakul.garg@nxp.com> wrote:

UDP loopback works and I can make progress with it for now.

(Ultimately, I need to move to some non-networking IPC such as mailbox
or pipe. The problem I face with that now is that I cannot multiplex
these zephyr IPC in POSIX poll() along with socket
descriptors.)
Yes, POSIX bits is Zephyr are very initial and very bare so far - a bit of threads
and a bit of sockets support. There're neither full-featured poll()
implementation, nor fd's (file descriptors), nor other POSIX IPC.
I used TCP/UDP POSIX sockets between two local apps just because I thought I can't multiplex a
local IPC method such as mailbox/pipe with network sockets connected to a remote endpoint.

If I change my code to use net_context apis for remote networking and use mailbox/pipe between local apps,
will I be able to multiplex net_contexts with mailbox/pipes using k_poll mechanism?

But there's definitely desire to extend POSIX support in Zephyr, so any
feedback is appreciated. (You may also want to route this feedback via
Maureen Helm, who's both on Zephyr and Linaro LITE TSCs, so with her input,
specific things may get planned and prioritized.)

Thanks & Regards

Vakul
[]

Linaro.org | Open source software for ARM SoCs Follow Linaro:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Linaro