Re: build failed due to missing headers

Stephane D'Alu

On 10/4/19 7:52 PM, Bolivar, Marti wrote:
"Stephane D'Alu via Lists.Zephyrproject.Org"
<stephane.dalu=insa-lyon.fr@...> writes:

On 10/4/19 5:38 PM, Stephane D'Alu wrote:
On 10/4/19 5:09 PM, Cufi, Carles wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: users@... <users@...> On
Behalf Of Stephane D'Alu via Lists.Zephyrproject.Org
Sent: 04 October 2019 14:48
To: Cufi, Carles <Carles.Cufi@...>;
users@...
Cc: users@...
Subject: Re: [Zephyr-users] build failed due to missing headers

On 10/4/19 2:07 PM, Cufi, Carles wrote:

On 10/4/19 1:50 PM, Cufi, Carles wrote:
Hi there,

I'm doing (west version is 0.6.2):
     west build -b nrf52840_mdk samples/basic/blinky

and got:
../soc/arm/nordic_nrf/nrf52/soc.h:16:10: fatal error: nrfx.h: No
such file or directory
     #include <nrfx.h>
              ^~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.

Any idea, on what is wrong and how to fix it?
Works fine here, are you sure you ran "west update"?

[...]
Can you try removing the entire
/home/sdalu/Z/zephyrproject/zephyr/build folder and building again? It
might be an issue with stale build files.
Same thing:

$ rm -rf build
$ ~/.local/bin/west -vvv build -b nrf52840_mdk samples/basic/blinky ...
../soc/arm/nordic_nrf/nrf52/soc.h:16:10: fatal error: nrfx.h: No such
file or directory
   #include <nrfx.h>
            ^~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.

I attached the full log
Right, but I noticed now that your .zephyrrc ontains:

my ~/.zephyrrc:
export ZEPHYR_TOOLCHAIN_VARIANT=cross-compile
export CROSS_COMPILE=/usr/local/gcc-arm-embedded/bin/arm-none-eabi-
export HOSTCC=cc
Could you try using ZEPHYR_TOOLCHAIN_VARIANT=gnuarmemb and
GNUARMEMB_TOOLCHAIN_PATH=/usr/local/gcc-arm-embedded/ instead?
See here:
https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/getting_started/toolchain_3rd_party_x_compilers.html#gnu-arm-embedded

I think that cross-compile is valid to use when your toolchain is
installed in a certain way (using your distro's package manager?)
whereas gnuarmemb is the right one to use when you download the GNU
Arm Embedded toolchain and place it somewhere in your disk.

~/.zypherrc is now:
export ZEPHYR_TOOLCHAIN_VARIANT=gnuarmemb
export GNUARMEMB_TOOLCHAIN_PATH=/usr/local/gcc-arm-embedded
export HOSTCC=cc

I removed the build directory, started a new session so that env is
correctly loaded with new values

Same error :(
Note also, that I'm on freebsd, that's shouldn't impact the way build is
working, but perhaps something is not done correctly in west ?
Can you check for a line like this in build/zephyr_modules.txt?
$ grep nordic build/zephyr_modules.txt
"nordic":"/home/mbolivar/zp/modules/hal/nordic"
don't have such file

sdalu@hyperion:~/Z/zephyrproject$ find . -name 'zephyr_modules.txt'
// no files reported //

You can also try running "west list -f {abspath} hal_nordic" to see if
the module is found by west on your system. If not, that is in fact the
problem. If so, it's an issue higher up in the stack.
Guessing that abspath is ~/Z/zephyrproject in my case ?

$ ~/.local/bin/west list -f ~/Z/zephyrproject/ hal_nordic
/home/sdalu/Z/zephyrproject/

in ~/Z/zephyrproject, I have a modules directory with nordic files
$ ls modules/hal/nordic
CMakeLists.txt nrfx_config_nrf52811.h nrfx_glue.c
drivers nrfx_config_nrf52832.h nrfx_glue.h
nrfx nrfx_config_nrf52840.h nrfx_log.h
nrfx_config_nrf51.h nrfx_config_nrf9160.h zephyr
nrfx_config_nrf52810.h nrfx_config.h

Stephane D'Alu -- Ingenieur Recherche
Laboratoire CITI / INSA-Lyon
Tel: +33 47243 8925