Re: OpenOCD on STM32 boards

Lawrence King

Hi Marti:

Thanks for your help.

I had stopped using the zephyr-sdk because I was bisecting the kernel to find a problem, depending on where I was I needed 0.10.0, 0.10.1, 0.10.2 or 0.10.3 versions of the SDK to compile, however when I was using gnuarmemb it worked around this annoyance for me.

I removed openocd (and autoremoved the assorted packages) and installed SDK 0.10.3 into /opt/zephyr-sdk. I also set 'export ZEPHYR_SDK_INSTALL_DIR=/opt/zephyr-sdk' in my bashrc and started a new shell. Quick check and openocd is gone from my path.

The west build went cleanly, and now I have a new error from openocd:

lawrence@VM:~/workspace/rc-demo/zephyrproject/zephyr$ west flash
-- west flash: rebuilding
ninja: no work to do.
-- west flash: using runner openocd
-- runners.openocd: Flashing file: /home/lawrence/workspace/rc-demo/zephyrproject/zephyr/build/zephyr/zephyr.hex
Open On-Chip Debugger 0.10.0+dev-00992-g3333261df-dirty (2019-08-16-00:14)
Licensed under GNU GPL v2
For bug reports, read
http://openocd.org/doc/doxygen/bugs.html
Info : The selected transport took over low-level target control. The results might differ compared to plain JTAG/SWD
adapter speed: 2000 kHz
adapter_nsrst_delay: 100
srst_only separate srst_nogate srst_open_drain connect_deassert_srst
Info : clock speed 2000 kHz
Error: libusb_open() failed with LIBUSB_ERROR_ACCESS
Error: open failed

ERROR: command exited with status 1: /opt/zephyr-sdk/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/openocd -s /opt/zephyr-sdk/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/share/openocd/scripts -f /home/lawrence/workspace/rc-demo/zephyrproject/zephyr/boards/arm/stm32f746g_disco/support/openocd.cfg -c init -c targets -c 'reset halt' -c 'flash write_image erase /home/lawrence/workspace/rc-demo/zephyrproject/zephyr/build/zephyr/zephyr.hex' -c 'reset halt' -c 'verify_image /home/lawrence/workspace/rc-demo/zephyrproject/zephyr/build/zephyr/zephyr.hex' -c 'reset run' -c shutdown

This is 'better' than the missing files, but I still haven't successfully flashed the blinky program onto the Nucleo board. Anything else I missed?