Re: Removing an item from the Device tree

Lawrence King

Excellent solution. Thank you.

From: Kumar Gala <kumar.gala@linaro.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2020 9:52 AM
To: Lawrence King <lawrence.king@irdeto.com>
Cc: Zephyr-users@lists.zephyrproject.org
Subject: Re: [Zephyr-users] Removing an item from the Device tree

You can use /delete-property/, something like:

&uart0 {
/delete-property/ rts-pin;
/delete-property/ cts-pin;
};

In your overlay should work.

- k

On Jan 15, 2020, at 8:49 AM, Lawrence King <lawrence.king@irdeto.com> wrote:

I have a little problem with the device tree

In zephyrproject/zephyr/boards/arm/nrf52840_mdk/nrf52840_mdk.dts the uart is defined as:

&uart0 {
compatible = "nordic,nrf-uart";
current-speed = <115200>;
status = "okay";
tx-pin = <20>;
rx-pin = <19>;
rts-pin = <5>;
cts-pin = <7>;
};

Which works just fine. However I am not using the RTS and CTS pin features of the UART, and I need to use the pins for other things. I can simply go into the DTS file and comment out the two pins:

&uart0 {
compatible = "nordic,nrf-uart";
current-speed = <115200>;
status = "okay";
tx-pin = <20>;
rx-pin = <19>;
/* rts-pin = <5>; */
/* cts-pin = <7>; */
};

And all is good. However I would prefer to use an overlay in my local working directory instead of making changes to the zephyr tree. I did try redefining uart0 in the local overlay, but RTS and CTS are still there.

What is the right way to remove RTS and CTS?

Connected Transport Market Unit
https://www.Irdeto.com
+1(416)627-7302

<image001.png> <image003.png> <image005.png> <image007.png> <image009.png> <image011.png>

CONFIDENTIAL: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed. It can contain proprietary confidential information and be subject to legal privilege and/or subject to a non-disclosure Agreement. Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying is strictly prohibited. If you are not the/an addressee and are in possession of this e-mail, please delete the message and notify us immediately. Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail. Thank you.