Re: Newbie question: How do I find out what's really there?

Carles Cufi

Hi Dave,

Most of the questions you ask are better answered by looking at the code directly. The level of detail you ask for is not reflected in the doc.

- Does the ethernet driver come from ST, or did someone write one that works?
Like most Zephyr drivers, it’s a shim on top of the vendor HAL:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/blob/master/drivers/ethernet/eth_stm32_hal.c

- Does SPI support DMA transfers? CS?

I’d say yes based on light inspection:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/blob/master/drivers/spi/spi_ll_stm32.c#L60

- What classes does USB driver support?

That one is easy:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/tree/master/subsys/usb/class

  • HCI
  • CDC/ACM
  • MSD
  • DFU
  • Audio
  • HID
  • ECM/EEM/RNDIS

- There's a version of this chip with lots of security hardware - how would I use that to support HTTPS etc?

For that better ask Erwan, who is the STM32 maintainer.

Carles