ODP: Reading data from LSM6DS33 , I2C

Edyta Bosacka <edyta.bosacka@...>

Thank you 🙂 Thanks to your advice I opened this file but I still get error while writing to this file 🙁Do you have any idea why?  I will be very grateful for any help😊

Od: Lawrence King <lawrence.king@...>
Wysłane: piątek, 24 lipca 2020 15:41
Do: Edyta Bosacka <edyta.bosacka@...>; users@... <users@...>
Temat: RE: Reading data from LSM6DS33 , I2C

Did you power up the Accelerometer? You should read the full datasheet, here is what is says about power:

Operating modes

The LSM6DS33 has three operating modes available:

only accelerometer active and gyroscope in power-down

only gyroscope active and accelerometer in power-down

both accelerometer and gyroscope sensors active with independent ODR

The accelerometer is activated from power down by writing ODR_XL[3:0] in CTRL1_XL

(10h) while the gyroscope is activated from power-down by writing ODR_G[3:0] in

CTRL2_G (11h). For combo mode the ODRs are totally independent.

There are a lot of registers (about 60) in this chip, you need to setup the chip before you can use it. Did you set the output data rates? The Fifo? The filters?