From: users@... <users@...> On Behalf Of don.haig@...
Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2020 3:22 PM
To: users@...
Subject: [Zephyr-users] Getting to blinky with an ESP32 board

I am trying out Zephyr following the "Getting Started" guide: https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/getting_started/index.html#build-the-blinky-sample

I've installed the toolchain and I am trying to get the blinky example running on an ESP32 board. I've installed the latest stable ESP toolchain according to the instructions here:  https://docs.espressif.com/projects/esp-idf/en/stable/get-started/

To set up the build environment, I apparently need to set the following environment variable:

export ESPRESSIF_TOOLCHAIN_PATH="/path/to/xtensa-esp32-elf/"

Unfortunately, there is no "xtensa-esp32-elf/" directory that I can find.

When I try to build the example, I get the following error:
zephyr-sdk-0.11.3/xtensa/esp32/xtensa-zephyr-elf/bin/xtensa-zephyr-elf-gcc
  not found - Please check your toolchain installation

It is probably something simple, but I'm stumped. Can someone point me in the right direction?