Re: Chocolatey: vcredist140 and Python3 failed to install

Mohamed Belaroussi <mohamed.belaroussi@...>

Hi Marti,

Thank you.
No, I haven't. But what I have done is reboot my machine and when I tried to re-run the same command again it returned a message saying all apps have been successfully installed including the two vcredist140 and python3 that seemingly didn't get installed prior to the reboot.
So, the problem disappeared just by rebooting.

Kind regards
Mohamed

On Fri, Aug 28, 2020 at 5:18 PM Bolivar, Marti <Marti.Bolivar@...> wrote:
Hi there and welcome.

"Mohamed Belaroussi via lists.zephyrproject.org"
<mohamed.belaroussi=uk.g4s.com@...> writes:

> *Installing vcredist140-x64...*
> Chocolatey timed out waiting for the command to finish. The timeout
>  specified (or the default value) was '2700' seconds. Perhaps try a
>  higher `--execution-timeout`? See `choco -h` for details.
>   vcredist140 may be able to be automatically uninstalled.
> The install of vcredist140 was NOT successful.

This seems to be a potential cause of the problem and the output
suggests a solution. Did you try looking into this?

Thanks
Martí

This communication may contain information which is confidential, personal and/or privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s).
If you are not the intended recipient(s), please note that any distribution, forwarding, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited. If you have received it in error please contact the sender immediately by return e-mail. Please then delete the e-mail and any copies of it and do not use or disclose its contents to any person.
Any personal views expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual sender and the company does not endorse or accept responsibility for them. Prior to taking any action based upon this e-mail message, you should seek appropriate confirmation of its authenticity.
This message has been checked for viruses on behalf of the company.

G4S Regional Management (UK&I) Limited, Registered Office: Southside, 105 Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QT. Registered in England No. 3189802.

G4S Care and Justice Services (UK) Limited, trading as G4S Central Government Services, Registered in England No. 390328.
G4S Health Services (UK) Limited, Registered in England No. 5121608.
G4S Government and Outsourcing Services (UK) Limited, trading as G4S Outsourcing Services, Registered in England No.3175173.
G4S Facilities Management (UK) Limited, Registered in England No. 3333860.
G4S Investigation Solutions (UK) Limited, Registered in England No. 3749819.
G4S Monitoring Technologies Limited, Registered in England No. 2626613.
G4S Ordnance Management Limited, Registered in England No. 7068855.
G4S Risk Management Limited, Registered in England No. 1540857.
G4S Secure Solutions (Iraq) Limited, Registered in England No.5128617.
G4S Risk Consulting Limited, Registered in England No. 4047630.
The Registered office of all the above companies is Southside, 105 Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QT.

G4S Aviation Services (UK) Limited, Registered in England No. 2837136.
G4S Secure Solutions (UK) Limited, Registered in England No. 1046019.
G4S Security Services (UK) Limited, Registered in England No.2380900.
G4S Gurkha Services (UK) Limited, Registered in England No.6304482.
G4S Cash Solutions (UK) Limited, Registered in England No.354883.
G4S Cash Centres (UK) Limited, Registered in England No.1485104.
G4S Bullion Solutions (UK) Limited, Registered in England No.7860383.
The Registered office of all the above companies is Sutton Park House, 15 Carshalton Road, Sutton, Surrey SM1 4LD.