Re: LWM2M client to nrf582540-DK #nrf52840 #networking

Nikos Karamolegkos

Thank you Robert, so the idea is to flash this https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/samples/net/openthread/ncp/README.html on my nrf52840-dk and then using the openthread border router implementation on a raspberry to build a OpenThread Border Router (OTBR)? If yes, do I need the overlay-usb-nrf-br.conf file or just the simple proj.conf?

Regards,
Nikos

On 8/17/20 5:58 PM, Lubos, Robert wrote:

Hi Nikos,

Unfortunately, we don’t have a step-by-step guide for the scenario you describe, but I can provide you with some guidelines.

OpenThread has a reference implementation of border router, which can be run on a Linux host under docker (OpenThread is a protocol that enables IP over 802.15.4):

https://openthread.io/guides/border-router/docker

The `lwm2m_client` does not support OpenThread out-of-the box, but it can be easily added, see this comment:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/24840#issuecomment-624717991

Regards,

Robert