Re: LWM2M client to nrf582540-DK #nrf52840 #networking

Lubos, Robert

Hi Nikos,

If you use CONF_FILE option, you need to specify both, prj.conf and the overlay: “-- -DCONF_FILE="prj.conf overlay-usb-nrf-br.conf"”.

There’s also an OVERLAY_CONFIG option, where you can specify only the overlay file: “-- -DOVERLAY_CONFIG= overlay-usb-nrf-br.conf”.

Regarding OTBR, I’m sorry but I don’t have a working setup right now to test. For sure it’s critical that you provide the OTBR with the same channel/panid/network key as other Thread devices in your network.

The easiest way to determine whether you are connected to other devices is to use OT CLI component (OPENTHREAD_SHELL needs to be enabled, it is by default) and check children/router tables:

  • “ot role” to determine whether you are a router (leader in specific case) or a child
  • “ot child table” to see if you have any children in router role
  • “ot router table” to see if there are any other routers in your network
  • “ot parent” to see information about a parent router in child role

I haven’t worked with OTBR for some time, but I’m not sure if using “Join” option will work unless you have a commissioner in your network. I think that safer option would be to let the border router form the network (https://openthread.io/guides/border-router/web-gui#form_a_thread_network ) and then let your other device join it. Just make sure to use the same network parameters, as mentioned earlier.

Regards,

Robert