Re: LWM2M client to nrf582540-DK #nrf52840 #networking

Lubos, Robert

Hi Nikos,

Contributions are always welcome, would be also good to contribute the overlay-ot.conf to the lwm2m_client sample, once you have configuration that is proven to work. We even have an outstanding issue opened for that:

As for the issues reported, the first one (CONFIG_LWM2M_COAP_BLOCK_SIZE) looks to me like a bug, as this value is used to determine maximum supported packet size:
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/blob/master/subsys/net/lib/lwm2m/lwm2m_object.h#L133

Given that currently we only support block transfer for FW updates, it doesn’t seem like valid approach. As a workaround, you can modify `MAX_PACKET_SIZE` to some higher value and see if it helps.

The Kconfig error can be fixed by explicitly enabling TLS support in overlay-dtls.conf (CONFIG_MBEDTLS_TLS_VERSION_1_2=y). TLS is by default disabled for OpenThread to save RAM/ROM when not needed (OT uses mbedTLS internally). The sample relied on a default config, hence it didn’t work with OT enabled. Other Kconfig warnings can be disabled by overwriting the defaults from `prj.conf` in `overlay-ot.conf` (OT makes no use of IPv4).

As for DTLS testing, you may also need to increase mbedTLS heap size (CONFIG_MBEDTLS_HEAP_SIZE=8192), to make sure it’s enough for both, OpenThread and LwM2M.

Regards,

Robert