From: users@... <users@...> On Behalf Of valens.dsilva via lists.zephyrproject.org
Sent: 22 September 2020 02:29
To: users@...
Subject: [Zephyr-users] #ble #hci #usb

Hi,

I am new to Zephyr and I'm trying to expose the LE PHY setting to a RPI Linux Host system. The controller is an nrf52840 dongle acting as a HCI USB device. The dongle will interact with the BLuez stack on the Pi (Bluez 5.55)

I have the following prj.conf setting which I took from this person https://devzone.nordicsemi.com/f/nordic-q-a/65679/zephyr-os---nrf52840-dongle-with-long-range?ReplySortBy=CreatedDate&ReplySortOrder=Descending

CONFIG_STDOUT_CONSOLE=y

CONFIG_GPIO=y

CONFIG_SERIAL=y

CONFIG_UART_INTERRUPT_DRIVEN=y

CONFIG_BT=y

CONFIG_BT_H4=y

CONFIG_BT_CTLR=y

CONFIG_BT_HCI=y

CONFIG_USB=y

CONFIG_USB_DEVICE_STACK=y

CONFIG_USB_DEVICE_BLUETOOTH=y

CONFIG_USB_DEVICE_BLUETOOTH_VS_H4=y

CONFIG_MAIN_STACK_SIZE=1024

CONFIG_SYSTEM_WORKQUEUE_STACK_SIZE=1024

CONFIG_BT_CTLR_RX_BUFFERS=18

CONFIG_BT_CTLR_TX_BUFFERS=19

CONFIG_BT_CTLR_TX_BUFFER_SIZE=251

CONFIG_BT_CTLR_DATA_LENGTH_MAX=251

CONFIG_BT_HCI_CMD_COUNT=20

CONFIG_BT_RX_BUF_COUNT=20

CONFIG_BT_RX_BUF_LEN=258

CONFIG_BT_DISCARDABLE_BUF_SIZE=257

CONFIG_BT_MAX_CONN=24

CONFIG_BT_CTLR_PHY_CODED=y

CONFIG_BT_PHY_UPDATE=y

CONFIG_BT_AUTO_PHY_UPDATE=y

CONFIG_BT_LLL_VENDOR_NORDIC=y

CONFIG_BT_LL_SW_SPLIT=y

When I use btmon to list the supported commands of the adapter I do not see commands such as:

LE Read Maximum Data Length (Octet 35 - Bit 3)

LE Read PHY (Octet 35 - Bit 4)

LE Set Default PHY (Octet 35 - Bit 5)

LE Set PHY (Octet 35 - Bit 6)

LE Read Transmit Power (Octet 38 - Bit 7)

LE Set Privacy Mode (Octet 39 - Bit 2)

Can someone point me to missing CONFIG values I need?