Does zephyr only supports PSK for the DTLS (e.g echo client,
lwm2m client). I haven't seen anything about RPK using ECC.
On 7/20/20 5:48 PM, Stefan Hristozov
I want to test DTLS in IPv6 over BLE network.
My set up looks as follows:
nrf52832 --------------------- Raspberry Pi Border router
--------------- WIFI router --------------- PC
2001:db8::1 2001:db8::2 2001:db9::1
1) I compiled the echo_server with:
west build -- -DOVERLAY_CONFIG=overlay-bt.conf
and flashed it on an nrf52832 DK board. The board connects
aimlessly with the border router.
2) In another terminal I compiled the echo_client for
west build -b native_posix,
I started the zephyrproject/tools/net-tools/net-setup.sh, and then
the native_posix application with:
west build -t run.
3) In another terminal, I started tcpdump listening to the zeht
interface. Unfortunately, I cannot see any packets send or
received. The console output of the echo_client and echo_servers
also does not indicate the something was send or received.
I want to test the sending and receiving of DTLS packets at the
nrf52832 board in the three modes:
* Preshared Keys PSK
* Raw Public Keys RPK
I want to secure only UDP over IPv6 (No TCP and no IPv4).
My Questions are:
1) Is the described above procedure correct? I assume something is
wrong otherwise I will see some exchanged packets with tcpdump and
2) How to select the DTLS modes PSK/RPK/Certificates?
3) The echo_client and echo_server samples are very complex. Can
you point me to a more simple example or describe the procedure
for setting up a secured with DTLS UDP communication?
R & D engineer at ICS-FORTH
Telecommunications and Networks Lab (TNL)