From: Kumar Gala [mailto:kumar.gala@linaro.org]
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2017 12:43 PM
To: Paul Sokolovsky <paul.sokolovsky@linaro.org>
Cc: Priyanka Rawat <priyanka.rawat@nxp.com>; zephyr-users@lists.zephyrproject.org; Maureen Helm <maureen.helm@nxp.com>
Subject: Re: [Zephyr-users] Enabling bluetooth on K64F (Kconfig.defconfig options)

On Oct 23, 2017, at 12:27 PM, Paul Sokolovsky <paul.sokolovsky@linaro.org> wrote:

Hello Priyanka,

On Sun, 22 Oct 2017 22:07:24 +0000
Priyanka Rawat <priyanka.rawat@nxp.com> wrote:

Hello

I want to run samples/bluetooth/ipsp on K64F board.

I understand that if networking is enabled, FRDM_K64F by default uses
Ethernet. So I should modify Kconfig.defconfig to disable Ethernet
and enable Bluetooth.

I add the following to /boards/arm/frdm_k64f/Kconfig.defconfig
[]

What is the proper clean way to disable NET_L2_ETHERNET and ETH_MCUX
and enable Bluetooth ?
The idea of any board defaults is just that - they're the defaults,
and should be overridable by a user. Did you you try to override those
defaults in your prj.conf? If that doesn't work after reasonable
effort, please submit the issue at
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/new with detailed
steps and info to reproduce.
I feel like Maureen had written up instructions on bluetooth w/FRDM-K64F, but I can't seem to find them now.