From: Marciano Preciado
Sent: dinsdag 15 december 2020 19:15
To: stevenghekiere@...
Cc: users@...
Subject: Re: [Zephyr-users] Zephyr Low Level BLE Radio question

Hey Steven!

I’d have to agree! The low-level bluetooth controller is tragic. I’m sure it’s incredibly useful, but the use of nicknames and acronyms at every corner are not useful. Perhaps if there were comments that could help too, but there aren’t. 😭

I hope somebody can help us out.

Best,

Marciano Preciado
Embedded Systems Engineer
PassiveLogic Inc.
Mobile 801-800-1184

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential or legally privileged information of PassiveLogic and/or its affiliates, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the e-mail in its entirety from your system.

On Dec 15, 2020, at 7:11 AM, steven ghekiere via lists.zephyrproject.org <stevenghekiere=hotmail.com@...> wrote:

Hey there,

I’m a student working on a project using a Nordic nRF52840 device.

The past month or so I’ve been trying countless times to implement some BLE low level methods, first using Nordic SDK and now Zephyr.

More specific, I’d like to be able to set and receive the frequency to transmit data using the bigger 255 byte non-connectable broadcast beacons.

I asked about this on the Nordic SDK QA, which pointed me to use the newer low level BLE Zephyr API. (https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/tree/master/subsys/bluetooth/controller/ll_sw/nordic)

I got some advice in the #Bluetooth channel in the Zephyr Project Slack, who pointed me to use the “lll_chan_set()” method.

However documentation is lacking, to say the least.

I’ve been struggling and doing this the trial-and-error way but I simply cannot make sure I send something correctly if I can’t receive anything.

Therefore, I would really really appreciate it for some clear guidelines, documentation, code snippets, or maybe even a chat on Slack with someone who knows how this works.

Since I’m working with deadlines I’m getting quite stressed and agitated so I REALLY would appreciate some help 😊.

Looking forward to your answer,

Steven Ghekiere

p.s: You can find me on the Zephyr Project Slack (email steven.ghekiere@..., name Steven Ghekiere). Feel free to respond there if this seems easier.