The link below may be helpful.
Hope that helps!
Best Regards, Dave

On 3/11/2021 1:04 PM, Rob Meades via lists.zephyrproject.org wrote:
Thanks for the swift response.  That's a shame.
I will go look at the PR at your link as shifting to the re-entrant versions just for Zephyr is going to be painful.

Rob
-----Original Message-----
From: users@... <users@...> On Behalf Of Kumar Gala
Sent: 11 March 2021 17:54
To: Rob Meades <Rob.Meades@...>
Cc: users@...
Subject: Re: [Zephyr-users] C library re-entrancy under Zephyr

*** This is an EXTERNAL email. It was sent from outside of u-blox. ***

Re-entrant support between newlib and zephyr is not currently supported.

There’s an old PR on the subject

On Mar 11, 2021, at 11:51 AM, Rob Meades via lists.zephyrproject.org <Rob.Meades=u-blox.com@...> wrote:

Should I expect C library functions (e.g. strtok()) under Zephyr to be re-entrant or must I call the re-entrant versions (i.e. in this case strtok_r())?

I ask because I am building/running nRF52840 (cortex-m4) and strok() _appears_ to NOT be re-entrant: I'd like to understand if this is expected or if I've messed up a configuration somewhere.  My prj.conf file is attached in case it is helpful in answering the question.

Rob

<prj.conf>

--
Dave Nadler, USA East Coast voice (978) 263-0097, drn@..., Skype