Re: big_http_download sample localhost download

Lubos, Robert

Hi Brenton,

The DNS server configuration shouldn’t be an issue in this case, as we provide the IP address of the server – in such case the DNS query isn’t even sent as we already know the IP address.

I’ve reproduced the problem locally, and it turned out there was a problem with ARP retransmission handling, wrong source address was selected for the retransmission, I’ve posted a PR with a fix proposal:

Another thing is that the reason for the ARP retransmission even being sent  is the fact that e1000 driver does not process any incoming packets early after boot (for about 1 second). I have to little knowledge the particular device/driver to figure out why is this happening, but I’ve asked the question in the aforementioned PR, perhaps we’ll get some answers there.

Regards,

Robert