Re: help with building and cmake.

Felipe Neves

Hi all,

@Graham:

cmake –DBOARD=ardino_101 ../..

The recommended way to build a sample should be:

from the sample directory type:

mkdir build
cd build

Then:

cmake –DBOARD=arduino_101 .. (note we only to go to the upper directory from build)

Then:

make -j

In build/zephyr you’ll find the file <target_name>.bin ( the generic name is zephyr.bin) and you will be able to flash it to your target.

Plese let me know if this was helpful to you.

Best

Felipe

Em sábado, 2 de dezembro de 2017, Cufi, Carles <Carles.Cufi@...> escreveu:

Hi Graham,

The first release after the transition from Make/Kbuild to CMake will be 1.10.

If you are building 1.9.2 then you need to use Make just as you did with  1.7.0. You can generate the documentation for 1.9.2 by running “make htmldocs” from the root of the git repo.

From: <zephyr-users-bounces@lists.zephyrproject.org> on behalf of Graham Stott <gbcstott1@...>
Date: Saturday, 2 December 2017 at 05:20
To: "zephyr-users@lists.zephyrproject.org" <zephyr-users@lists.zephyrproject.org>
Subject: [Zephyr-users] help with building and cmake.

I am trying to move my project from zephyr v1.7.0 to v1.9.2. I am using a new Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64 bit system and therefore I am starting from scratch.

I followed the “Getting Started Guide” and first did the “Development Environment setup for Linux”.  I installed cmake version 3.10.0.  I also installed the 0.9.2 SDK.

I then follow the “Getting Started Guide” for Building and Running an Application.  In step 4,  it has an example of building the “Hello World” example.  When I enter the following command:

cmake –DBOARD=ardino_101 ../..

I get  the following error:

CMake Error:  “The source directory /home/gstott/zephyr-v1.9.2 /samples/hello_world” does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt

I do not see any instructions on how this file is generated.

What am I missing?

Graham

--
Felipe S. Neves