Re: Disabling Relay feature of a node of bluetooth mesh

ashish.shukla@corvi.com <ashish.shukla@...>

Hi Johan,

Thanks for in detailed explanation, that clarified related issues.

--
Warm regards,
Ashish Shukla

On Fri, Dec 8, 2017 at 2:39 PM, Johan Hedberg <johan.hedberg@...> wrote:
Hi Ashish,

On Fri, Dec 08, 2017, ashish.shukla@... wrote:
> NODE1 does receives the messages and process it. But it relay/forward the
> same message to network by reducing TTL value by 1.
>
> In my case, GATT client is mobile phone so it isn't possible to know
> whether it receives something or not, for now.
>
> I'm attaching snapshot of terminal of NODE1, when it receives messages from
> NODE2 on pressing the button.

Are you concluding that the relaying happens because you see the
"Relaying packet" log message? If so, then that's a wrong assumption,
and the log message is indeed misleading. Please take a look at the
bt_mesh_net_relay() function in net.c. You'll see that the log message
is printed as soon as some basic checks are passed, but that does not
mean that bt_mesh_adv_send() at the end of the function will get called,
since that's still behind the relay_to_adv() check.