Re: Stack check failure with qemu_x86

Vakul Garg <vakul.garg@...>

The stack check failure shows up with only stack sentinel enabled on qemu_x86 in my case.

- Vakul

From: Boie, Andrew P <andrew.p.boie@...>
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2017 10:37:38 PM
To: Vakul Garg; zephyr-users@...
Subject: RE: Stack check failure with qemu_x86

There's no need to enable the stack sentinel on this target.

qemu_x86, by default, has MMU-assisted stack overflow protection enabled.

Unless you can reproduce this only when the sentinel is enabled? In which case this is a very interesting situation, please let me know.

In GDB you can set a breakpoint on _SysFatalErrorHandler() to debug when issues happen, all fatal exceptions go through there.

Andrew