Re: [Zephyr-devel] Introduction of Youtube video, "Bluetooth Mesh Demo at ELCE Prague 2017"

Vikrant More <vikrant8051@...>

Glad to hear it!

On Jan 4, 2018 6:42 PM, "Kai Ren" <kren@...> wrote:

Hi Vikrant,

Good news, meshctl starts to work.

Thank you!

Regards,

Kai

From: Vikrant More [mailto:vikrant8051@...]
Sent: Thursday, January 4, 2018 12:05 AM
To: Kai Ren <kren@...>; zephyr-devel@lists.zephyrproject.org; zephyr-users@lists.zephyrproject.org
Subject: Re: [Zephyr-devel] Introduction of Youtube video, "Bluetooth Mesh Demo at ELCE Prague 2017"

1) Download this --> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/bluetooth/bluez.git/snapshot/bluez-5.48.tar.gz

2) tar -xvf bluez-5.48.tar.gz

3) mv bluez-5.48 bluez

4)cd bluez

5)./bootstrap-configure

6)make

7)make install

8)systemctl daemon-reload

9)systemctl restart bluetooth

10)bluetoothd --version

11) cd mesh

      Here you will find local_node.json & prov_db.json

On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 6:55 PM, Kai Ren <kren@...> wrote:

Thanks, Vikrant!

As you mentioned, I cd into “BlueZ 5.48/mesh”, but I can’t find any *.json in this folder on my Raspberry Pi3, below is the file list in the folder. Is there something I missed?

Regards,

Kai

From: Vikrant More <vikrant8051@...>
Date: Wednesday, 3 January 2018 at 9:11 PM
To: Kai Ren <kren@...>

Or you can directly execute

$meshctl -c bluez/mesh

In my case, it is

$meshctl -c /home/vikrant/project/bluez/mesh

...(just for example)

On Jan 3, 2018 6:37 PM, "Vikrant More" <vikrant8051@...> wrote:

Hi Kai,

cd into bluez5.48/mesh

& then execute meshctl

Actually it is looking for json files which are available at blez_home/mesh.

On Jan 3, 2018 6:20 PM, "Kai Ren" <kren@...> wrote:

Hi Vikrant,

Your suggestion is very useful about #meshctl, I’ve already downloaded BlueZ v5.48 and installed it on my Raspberry Pi3.

When I typed meshctl on the terminal, there is an error message shown: Local config directory not provided…

Do you know what configuration should be done if I want to run #meshctl?

Regards,

Kai