Re: not able to complete #BluetoothMesh provisioning & configuration process using #meshctl (5.49) #bluetoothmesh #meshctl

vikrant8051 <vikrant8051@...>

Hi Steve,

Yes, you are right that #meshctl completes provisioning & fails after that.

Silicon Labs still uses PB-GATT like #meshctl for provisioning & configuration of DEVICE.

BlueZ 5.48 #meshctl was perfectly working with Zephyr Mesh DEVICEs.
But suddenly this old version as well as BlueZ 5.49  are not working as expected with latest Zephyr version examples.

So I don't know where is bug exactly present.

Thank You !!

On Wed, Apr 18, 2018 at 6:36 PM, Steve Brown <sbrown@...> wrote:
Hi Vikrant,

On Wed, 2018-04-18 at 15:02 +0530, vikrant8051 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am not able to provision my Devices which is executing sample
> example at
> $/zephyr/samples/boards/nrf52/mesh/onoff-app/
>
> http://docs.zephyrproject.org/samples/boards/nrf52/mesh/onoff-app/REA
> DME.html
>
> But able to provision it using Silicon Labs Bluetooth Mesh App.
>
> Is it bug from meshctl (BlueZ) side ?
>
> Thank You !!

I looked at this too. Provisioning seems to complete, but the proxy
service isn't discovered. Meshctl just seems to hang waiting for the
discovery to succeed.

While this is happening, if I use bluetoothctl to scan and then connect
to the node, the callback in meshctl fires and it starts up and
functions as expected. It appears that something is amiss with the
discovery filter.

I believe that the SILABS App uses advertising bearer for provisioning,
so it's not conclusive that it working and meshctl failing is
definitely a Bluez issue. I checkout an early March version of Bluez
and Zephyr. The problem is still there.

samples/bluetooth/mesh fails in the same way.

I'm not sure where to go from here.

Steve