Date

Default logging version has changed!

Chruściński, Krzysztof

Hi,

Almost a year ago logging subsystem v2 was merged as an optional engine. It has the same user API but backend API has changed (see https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/reference/logging/index.html for details). Legacy logging was still the default one. During last few months all zephyr backends were ported to support both APIs. Yesterday https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/41755 got merged and v2 become the default and v1 is now deprecated (to be removed after v3.1).

For most of the users it should be transparent. However, if you use custom backend that does not support v2 API you can still use v1 (CONFIG_LOG1=y).

If you already were using v2 logging by enabling CONFIG_LOG2_MODE_{IMMEDIATE,DEFERRED}=y you'll notice that those options are now deprecated (cmake warning). Use CONFIG_LOG_MODE_{IMMEDIATE,DEFERRED}=y instead.

Please report any bugs found.

regards,
Krzysztof

This is the documentation for the latest (main) development branch of Zephyr. If you are looking for the documentation of previous releases, use the drop-down menu on the left and select the desired version.
docs.zephyrproject.org

Counter proposal to #41739. Deprecated CONFIG_LOG2_MODE_DEFERRED and CONFIG_LOG2_MODE_IMMEDIATE. Introduced CONFIG_LOG1 which enables legacy v1 (with cmake warning). CONFIG_LOG_MODE_IMMEDIATE=y and...
github.com

Re: Should idle thread be invoked before main?

artur.lipowski@...

Thanks Andy, good clue.

I found that this is caused by the Bluetooth subsystem - if CONFIG_BT is enabled then I can observe described behavior (tested on blinky sample).
I will report this as issue and allow Zephyr developers to "offically" decide if it is valid behavior.

Artur

Re: Should idle thread be invoked before main?

Andy Ross

In a technical sense yes: on a SMP system the extra CPUs will likely reach idle (each has its own idle thread obviously) before system initialization is complete and the application main() function is entered.  But that's not your platform.

Absent that, it's not architecturally possible: the main thread (which will eventually enter the main() function) is the first thread created and switched into during system initialization, by construction.  Idle can only run once it blocks.

So if I had to guess, you have a initialization function for some driver or subsystem doing a sleep.  That's not not illegal, but it's kind of weird and we should fix that if it's in-tree.

Andy

Should idle thread be invoked before main?

artur.lipowski@...

Hi,

I found that idle thread is executed before main thread and I am not sure if it is by design or it is by coincidence or maybe it is purely my setup problem.

What I did is adding 2 lines to idle thread entry point at the beginning of while(true) loop:
    extern volatile uint32_t idle_entry;
    idle_entry++;

And as first lines of main I have following code:
    if (idle_entry > 0) {
        printk("idle_entry: %u", idle_entry);
    }

The output is:
idle_entry: 2

Using different PM options and disabling PM does not change output.

Is it expected behavior?
For me it seems to be somehow nonintuitive if lowest priority thread gains control before threads with higher priorities.

BTW> Zephyr code is as it is for today (449c37808a68824faa93b77fe24f39f05e9a9939), SDK 0.13.1 and target is STM32WB55.

Regards,
Artur

bug periodic_adv periodic_sync lost data

jenifer <cwx133@...>

Hello,
i've two 52840DK,Windows10 X64,
D:\Program\ncs_v1.8.0\zephyr\samples\bluetooth\periodic_adv
D:\Program\ncs_v1.8.0\zephyr\samples\bluetooth\periodic_sync
IDE is in dir  D:\Program\v1.8.0\toolchain\SEGGER Embedded Studio.cmd
ncs1.8.0 can download and install from    nRF Connect SDK - nordicsemi.com
this mail attachment is my installed, it can save installation time.

i using the BLE Zephyr controller.
now it work well,but when i change the interval time to 1s,
periodic_sync lost data packet 4 and 7. often lost.
how to advertising/receive continuous data (one by one and there is no repetition)?
how to change data lenght to big than 94?
and next i will change the timer interval 20ms,Is that ok?

image

image

image

thanks
Best regards,

从网易163邮箱发来的超大附件
ncs_v1.8.0.rar (2.11G, 2022年1月28日 14:34 到期)

Re: Issues with Zephyr installation in ESP32 board

Jonathan Beri

On Wed, Jan 12, 2022 at 04:08 AM, <manuel.pazos@...> wrote:
-- ZEPHYR_TOOLCHAIN_VARIANT not set, trying to locate Zephyr SDK

It looks like you didn't set ZEPHYR_TOOLCHAIN_VARIANT. The instructions are in the documentation here. Also, the espressif plugin outputs the exact path needed when you run west espressif install or west espressif update

Issues with Zephyr installation in ESP32 board

manuel.pazos@...

I just installed Zephyr with all the features and toolchain and stuff, by following https://docs.zephyrproject.org/2.7.0/getting_started/index.html . The thing is, right after that, I'm now trying to build and flash the hello world sample. Unfortunately, I keep receiving this message:
manu@manu-VirtualBox:~$ cd zephyrproject/zephyr/samples/hello_world/
manu@manu-VirtualBox:~/zephyrproject/zephyr/samples/hello_world$ west build -p auto -b esp32
-- west build: generating a build system
Including boilerplate (Zephyr base): /home/manu/zephyrproject/zephyr/cmake/app/boilerplate.cmake
-- Application: /home/manu/zephyrproject/zephyr/samples/hello_world
-- Zephyr version: 2.7.99 (/home/manu/zephyrproject/zephyr), build: v2.7.99-3156-g32c492cc0ce7
-- Found Python3: /usr/bin/python3.8 (found suitable exact version "3.8.10") found components: Interpreter
-- Found west (found suitable version "0.12.0", minimum required is "0.7.1")
-- Board: esp32
-- Cache files will be written to: /home/manu/.cache/zephyr
-- ZEPHYR_TOOLCHAIN_VARIANT not set, trying to locate Zephyr SDK
-- Found host-tools: zephyr 0.13.1 (/home/manu/zephyr-sdk-0.13.1)
-- Found dtc: /home/manu/zephyr-sdk-0.13.1/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/dtc (found suitable version "1.6.0", minimum required is "1.4.6")
-- Found toolchain: zephyr 0.13.1 (/home/manu/zephyr-sdk-0.13.1)
-- Found BOARD.dts: /home/manu/zephyrproject/zephyr/boards/xtensa/esp32/esp32.dts
-- Generated zephyr.dts: /home/manu/zephyrproject/zephyr/samples/hello_world/build/zephyr/zephyr.dts
-- Generated devicetree_unfixed.h: /home/manu/zephyrproject/zephyr/samples/hello_world/build/zephyr/include/generated/devicetree_unfixed.h
-- Generated device_extern.h: /home/manu/zephyrproject/zephyr/samples/hello_world/build/zephyr/include/generated/device_extern.h
-- Including generated dts.cmake file: /home/manu/zephyrproject/zephyr/samples/hello_world/build/zephyr/dts.cmake
Parsing /home/manu/zephyrproject/zephyr/Kconfig
Loaded configuration '/home/manu/zephyrproject/zephyr/boards/xtensa/esp32/esp32_defconfig'
Merged configuration '/home/manu/zephyrproject/zephyr/samples/hello_world/prj.conf'
Configuration saved to '/home/manu/zephyrproject/zephyr/samples/hello_world/build/zephyr/.config'
Kconfig header saved to '/home/manu/zephyrproject/zephyr/samples/hello_world/build/zephyr/include/generated/autoconf.h'
CMake Error at /home/manu/zephyrproject/zephyr/cmake/compiler/gcc/target.cmake:10 (message):
  C compiler
  /home/manu/zephyr-sdk-0.13.1/xtensa//xtensa-zephyr-elf/bin/xtensa-zephyr-elf-gcc
  not found - Please check your toolchain installation
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /home/manu/zephyrproject/zephyr/cmake/target_toolchain.cmake:57 (include)
  /home/manu/zephyrproject/zephyr/cmake/app/boilerplate.cmake:589 (include)
  /home/manu/zephyrproject/zephyr/share/zephyr-package/cmake/ZephyrConfig.cmake:24 (include)
  /home/manu/zephyrproject/zephyr/share/zephyr-package/cmake/ZephyrConfig.cmake:35 (include_boilerplate)
  CMakeLists.txt:5 (find_package)

FATAL ERROR: command exited with status 1: /usr/bin/cmake -DWEST_PYTHON=/usr/bin/python3 -B/home/manu/zephyrproject/zephyr/samples/hello_world/build -S/home/manu/zephyrproject/zephyr/samples/hello_world -GNinja -DBOARD=esp32

Can someone help me out? Thanks

I've been trying to get Zephyr installed in my Ubuntu VM by following https://docs.zephyrproject.org/2.7.0/getting_started/index.html , but when it comes to testing the hello_world sample the terminal shows this error

[...]

Could someone help me out of here? Thanks

Re: Confusion around bt_le_scan_start callbacks

Jason Bens

Sounds good.  Thanks for the clarification, Johan.

  • Jason

From: users@... <users@...> on behalf of Jason Bens <jason.bens@...>
Date: Thursday, 6. January 2022 at 22.48
To: users@... <users@...>

Hi,

It seems as though there are two ways to invoke a callback when a BLE device has been scanned.  I can register a callback with bt_le_scan_cb_register, where my callback is the .recv field of the bt_le_scan_cb struct, or I can pass a callback of type  bt_le_scan_cb_t to bt_le_scan_start.  The parameters passed to these two callbacks are different, however.  For bt_le_scan_cb, my callback is passed a struct bt_le_scan_recv_info and a net_buf, whereas a callback of type bt_le_scan_cb_t is passed the address, rssi, advertiser type, and the same net_buf.  The first three parameters are a subset of the information in bt_le_scan_recv_info.  I can extract the whole bt_le_scan_recv_info struct from the passed net_buf, no problem, but I’m curious why there are two different declarations for this?  When should the bt_le_scan_cb_register route be preferred, and when should the callback be passed directly to bt_le_scan_start?

Thanks,

  • Jason

Re: Confusion around bt_le_scan_start callbacks

Johan Hedberg

From: users@... <users@...> on behalf of Jason Bens <jason.bens@...>
Date: Thursday, 6. January 2022 at 22.48
To: users@... <users@...>

[...]

Re: LwM2M composite observe #networking #nrf9160

Lubos, Robert

Hi,

No, the Composite Observe feature isn’t supported in Zephyr yet. It’s a part of the LwM2M 1.1 specification which we don’t support at this point. We are planning to add LwM2M 1.1 support, but I don’t have any ETA for that.

Best Regards,

Robert Lubos

I have a question concerning the LwM2M composite observe feature: is it already supported? If so, since which release? If not, are there any plans when it will be supported?

I've already looked through the release notes and issues but did not find an answer to my question aside from coap fetch being supported (in main branch) since a merge in October 2021.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

LwM2M composite observe #networking #nrf9160

e-va

[...]

PWM device working on some but not all channels

BDesterBEC

Hello,
I am using an STM32H743ZI and have been trying to get PWM output on timers3. I have been able to successfully obtain output for all of the pins/channels I require on timers2, and tim3_ch1_pc6 on timers3 works fine. However, tim3_ch3_pc8 and tim3_ch4_pc9 refuse to show any output on my logic analyzer. I have just been calling pwm_pin_set_cycles to test that the pins go high. Is there something going on in the background that I am possibly missing that could be causing this issue? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Here is a look at my overlay file:

Re: Booting from QSPI with mimxrt1050 EVK

mbarrett@...

I've been able to program and run, but not with JLink OpenSDA debug probe. Instead I had to use the DAP Link firmware for QSPI instead ("west flash" unfortunately doesn't work with this so I'd prefer to figure out how to use the JLink debug probe instead).

I found in this link some boot settings need changed.
RT1050EVKB QSPI - NXP Community

I modified modules/hal/nxp/mcux/evkbimxrt1050/evkbimxrt1050_flexspi_nor_config.c to define this struct instead:
const flexspi_nor_config_t qspiflash_config = {
    .memConfig =
        {
            .tag              = FLEXSPI_CFG_BLK_TAG,
            .version          = FLEXSPI_CFG_BLK_VERSION,
            .readSampleClkSrc = kFlexSPIReadSampleClk_LoopbackFromDqsPad,
            .csHoldTime       = 3u,
            .csSetupTime      = 3u,
            .sflashPadType    = kSerialFlash_4Pads,
            .serialClkFreq    = kFlexSpiSerialClk_100MHz,
            .sflashA1Size     = 8u * 1024u * 1024u,
            .lookupTable =
                {
                    // Read LUTs
                    FLEXSPI_LUT_SEQ(CMD_SDR, FLEXSPI_1PAD, 0xEB, RADDR_SDR, FLEXSPI_4PAD, 0x18),
                    FLEXSPI_LUT_SEQ(DUMMY_SDR, FLEXSPI_4PAD, 0x06, READ_SDR, FLEXSPI_4PAD, 0x04),
                },
        },
    .pageSize           = 256u,
    .sectorSize         = 4u * 1024u,
    .blockSize          = 64u * 1024u,
    .isUniformBlockSize = false,
};

After these changes I was able to boot from the QSPI, but needed to do so through MCUXpresso.

Booting from QSPI with mimxrt1050 EVK

mbarrett@...

Hi All,

I'm trying to flash code, and boot out of the QSPI memory on the MIMXRT1050 EVKB board. Does anyone have experience with this? I've been unable to successfully flash so far.

Here are the steps I've taken
1. Swap 0 ohm resistors on the board as mentioned in the user guide and schematic to connect QSPI device to Soc (instead of Hyperflash part). I've triple checked that these are correct.
2. Load JLink OpenSDA firmware for the MIMXRT1050-EVK-QSPI (hold the switch, copy bin file to "MAINTENANCE" drive....)
3. Change toggle switch SW7 on board to 0.0.1.0
4. Build and load samples/basic/blinky with "west build -b mimxrt1050_evk_qspi" and "west flash"

Does anyone know if I'm missing something? Do these steps look correct?

Thanks for the help!
Marshal

Hello! #stm32

Ajit Ananthadevan

New here just stumbled on Zephyr. I  come from a PIC background and moved to STM32, loved it.... except the HAL framework...

I like how everything is integrated in Zephyr and how easy it is to put to gether a "IOT gateway" project. In practice that's all I do!!! But had major difficulty putting this together in other frameworks....

I look forward to working with this group in the rollercoaster ahead and learning Zephyr!!

Re: [EXT] Re: [Zephyr-devel] cy8ckit_062_wifi_bt_m0 board issue

Chen, Jason <jason.chen@...>

Hi

                Do you have verification? The executable files I compiled with cypress official software have logs. It is work well.

Thx

Jason Chen

From: Gerson Fernando Budke <nandojve@...>
Date: Wednesday, December 22, 2021 at 8:56 PM
To: "Chen, Jason" <jason.chen@...>
Cc: "devel@..." <devel@...>, "users@..." <users@...>
Subject: Re: [EXT] Re: [Zephyr-devel] cy8ckit_062_wifi_bt_m0 board issue

Hi Jason,

mentioned that "The most complex part is short circuit pins 14 and 15 from U13. That connect UART_RTS with UART_CTS from KitProg2."

KitProg CDC-ACM requires RTS/CTS pins to work, see 3.2.4 USB-UART Bridge from "PSoC 6 BLE Pioneer Kit Guide.pdf"

Gerson

Em ter., 21 de dez. de 2021 às 23:10, Chen, Jason <jason.chen@...> escreveu:

Hi

                Thank you for replying.

                Actually, I also ran cy8ckit_062_ble_m0 boards without any log output, just like cy8ckit_062_wifi_bt_m0 boards.

                Could you test it with cy8ckit_062_ble_m0 again? Then if you can run successfully, Please send me the .hex file or .elf file.

Thx

Jason Chen

From: Gerson Fernando Budke <nandojve@...>
Date: Wednesday, December 22, 2021 at 1:11 AM
To: "Chen, Jason" <jason.chen@...>
Cc: "devel@..." <devel@...>, "users@..." <users@...>

Jason,

I have Zephyr running with cy8ckit_062_ble_m0. I would ask you to review board configs.

Compare cy8ckit_062_wifi_bt_m0 with cy8ckit_062_ble_m0.

Regards,

Gerson

Em ter., 21 de dez. de 2021 às 13:56, nandojve via lists.zephyrproject.org <nandojve=gmail.com@...> escreveu:

I do not have the PSoC6 WiFi-BT Pioneer Kit board but I introduced the PSoC6 BLE Pioneer Kit and made

all improvements using that board, which is the same SoC.

What example did you use?

Em ter., 21 de dez. de 2021 às 13:12, Chen, Jason <jason.chen@...> escreveu:

Hi

                I want to add some more comments.

                I use the zephyr example with PSoC6 WiFi-BT Pioneer Kit. It has built successful and flash .elf file to boards. It seems that the board can not run.

                I just debug  found that the program is dead as follow code:

                                SECTION_FUNC(TEXT, z_SysNmiOnReset)

                                                wfi

                                                b z_SysNmiOnReset

                Would you like help us to fix the issue and update the zephyr project?  Much appreciate it.

Thx

Jason Chen

From: "Chen, Jason" <jason.chen@...>
Date: Tuesday, December 21, 2021 at 11:54 PM
To: Gerson Fernando Budke <nandojve@...>
Cc: "devel@..." <devel@...>, "users@..." <users@...>

Hi Gerson

                Thank you for replying me.

       My board is PSoC6 WiFi-BT Pioneer Kit, Exactly the same as the boards on the Zephyr website. The link I refer to is https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/boards/arm/cy8ckit_062_wifi_bt/doc/index.html

                I would like to ask whether this project has been validated?

Thx

Jason Chen

From: Gerson Fernando Budke <nandojve@...>
Date: Tuesday, December 21, 2021 at 11:43 PM
To: "Chen, Jason" <jason.chen@...>
Cc: "devel@..." <devel@...>, "users@..." <users@...>

*** Please use caution this is an externally originating email. ***

Hi Jason,

Are you using P13-0, P13-1 ? See below:

The PSoC-6 has a weird connection with an onboard psoc programmer. It uses the same pins from the Arduino UART Connector.

To enable shields, uart was directioned to another port. You can enable any if you prefer.

It shows a board review example. It can be useful for you.

BTW, there is almost no support for this boards, currently.

&uart6 {

status = "okay";

current-speed = <115200>;

interrupt-parent = <&intmux_ch21>;

pinctrl-0 = <&p13_0_uart6_rx &p13_1_uart6_tx>;

};

image.png

Em ter., 21 de dez. de 2021 às 12:08, Chen, Jason via lists.zephyrproject.org <jason.chen=assaabloy.com@...> escreveu:

Hi all

I have downloaded the zephyr project completely, I plan to use the cy8ckit_062_wifi_bt_m0 board, I have built successfully, there is no error, but there is no log output in the corresponding development board. Has the cy8CKIT_062_wifi_bt_M0 board of zephyr been tested?

If your build executable has data output, can you send me the.HEX or.elf file?

Thx

Jason chen

Best regards,

Jason Chen

Firmware Lead - APAC Ecosystem Team

ASSA ABLOY (China) Investment Company Limited
Mobile: +86 15921614136

Email: jason.chen@...

www.assaabloy.com

Experience a safer and more open world

Re: [EXT] Re: [Zephyr-devel] cy8ckit_062_wifi_bt_m0 board issue

nandojve@...