Date

Re: mcumgr: How to calculate hash of image under Linux #nrf52840

Phil Hipp

Hey Marti,

thanks for your reply. So in my understanding the value of TLV 0 is the hash that will be displayed using "Image list", isn't it?

Best

Philipp

Re: mcumgr: How to calculate hash of image under Linux #nrf52840

Marti Bolivar <marti@...>

Hi Phil,

If you mean the hash of the image header and body, that is available
as the value for the IMAGE_TLV_SHA256 key type in your signed image's
TLV area (see https://mcuboot.com/mcuboot/design.html for details on
the structure of the image and what the TLV area is if you are not yet
familiar with these).

As to how to extract that easily, I'm not aware of any upstream tools
for this which work on both .bin and .hex files, but I wrote a quick
hack a long time ago which I use for quick analysis of signed .bin
files; you may find it useful:

https://gist.github.com/mbolivar/285309cca792f746d6c698f56941041a

Example usage and output which shows how it includes the values of the
IMAGE_TLV_SHA256 for a sample image:

$ analyze-mcuboot-img.py zephyr.signed.bin
ImageHeader(magic=OK/0x96F3B83D, load_addr=IGNORED/0x00000000,
hdr_size=0x0200, img_size=13688/0x00003578, flags=0x00000000,
version="0.0.0-build0")
Initial image bytes:
68 05 00 20 c1 dc 00 00 21 dd 00 00 4d db 00 00 4d db 00 00
TLVInfo(magic=OK/0x6907, tlv_size=336)
TLV 0: TLVHeader(type=IMAGE_TLV_SHA256/0x10, len=32)
f0 45 a4 21 db 56 c0 fb 6a d6 64 70 69 ec d3 74 d7 25 4d 4b e7 ee cf
77 93 98 43 d0 ce 99 6f a2
TLV 1: TLVHeader(type=IMAGE_TLV_KEYHASH/0x01, len=32)
fc 57 01 dc 61 35 e1 32 38 47 bd c4 0f 04 d2 e5 be e5 83 3b 23 c2 9f
93 59 3d 00 01 8c fa 99 94
TLV 2: TLVHeader(type=IMAGE_TLV_RSA2048_PSS/0x20, len=256)

Above, "f0 45 a4 21 db 56 c0 fb 6a d6 64 70 69 ec d3 74 d7 25 4d 4b e7
ee cf 77 93 98 43 d0 ce 99 6f a2" is a hexdump of the hash.

Hope this helps,
Marti

On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 4:45 AM Phil Hipp <finke@lesswire.com> wrote:

Hi,

I want to write a script under Linux for automatic FOTA using mcumgr. I need the hash of the image file for the update step "image test", but I can't figure out how to calculate the correct hash needed in this step. Can anybody help me here and provide the correct command to achieve this?

Best

Philipp

Re: 98B_Nitrogen Settings flash area

Lawrence King

Just my bad luck 😉, I checked out the master branch about 8 hours before you checked in the changes. Thanks for fixing this so others don’t have the same problem.

A nice to have feature would be having the Settings storage manager create an error message that there was no storage partition instead of wiping out the code partition.

From: <users@...> on behalf of "Birch Jr, Johnnie L" <johnnie.l.birch.jr@...>
Date: Sunday, 17 February 2019 at 12:01
To: Marti Bolivar <marti@...>
Cc: "users@..." <users@...>
Subject: Re: [Zephyr-users] West not installing; Alternative ways to install? #west

Hi Marti, all,

Thanks for the reply. There was something corrupt related to my pip/python install. Seems multiple versions of pip3 were found where version check at the command line would show version 3.5.2 while printing the version from a python statement would show 19.0.2. Ultimately I used some combination of commands using easy_install3 to get it installed instead of using pip.

Thanks,
Johnnie

          Data: 00000000fff870fff7dafff792fff7abfff828ff

          Data: 10000000f8effff9d0fffaa9fffb69fffc02fffc

5.       Question

Are in the Zephyr firmware other option to set the max DLE value?

What means the error Message (Frame 11098)? Are there more information, except that it does not work.

Is there a Project working with the nrf52840 with DLE?

Perhaps it is an issue in the bluez config, can be?

Thanks for help.

Re: West not installing; Alternative ways to install? #west

johnnie.l.birch.jr@...

[...]

Re: device_get_binding() returns NULL

Kumar Gala

How is CONFIG_GPIO_PCAL9535A_0_DEV_NAME getting set in your build?

- k

On Feb 16, 2019, at 10:55 AM, andreibolkonski1814@gmail.com wrote:

Hi,

I am testing Zephyr on an Intel Galileo Gen2. While trying to implement something similar to Blinky Application from Basic Samples, it seems that the API function device_get_binding() returns NULL, and I have no idea what I am doing wrong.
This is main.c
#include <zephyr.h>
#include <misc/printk.h>
#include <device.h>
#include <pwm.h>
//#include <board.h>

void main(void)
{
struct device *exp0 = device_get_binding(CONFIG_GPIO_PCAL9535A_0_DEV_NAME);
if (!exp0) {
printk("Error occured!\n");
return;
}
printk("This is never printed :(\n");
}

An the output is:

WARNING: no console will be available to OS
error: no suitable video mode found.
***** Booting Zephyr OS v1.14.0-rc1-60-g9072d34f30 *****
Error occured!

I tried to add CONFIG_GPIO_PCAL9535A_0=y to prj.conf, but that didn't solved the problem.
No need to mention that I am a newbie not only with Zephyr...

device_get_binding() returns NULL

andreibolkonski1814@...

Collecting colorama (from west) Using cached https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/4f/a6/728666f39bfff1719fc94c481890b2106837da9318031f71a8424b662e12/colorama-0.4.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl Collecting pykwalify (from west) Using cached https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/36/9f/612de8ca540bd24d604f544248c4c46e9db76f6ea5eb75fb4244da6ebbf0/pykwalify-1.7.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl Collecting PyYAML (from west) Collecting python-dateutil>=2.4.2 (from pykwalify->west) Using cached https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/41/17/c62faccbfbd163c7f57f3844689e3a78bae1f403648a6afb1d0866d87fbb/python_dateutil-2.8.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl Collecting docopt>=0.6.2 (from pykwalify->west) Collecting six>=1.5 (from python-dateutil>=2.4.2->pykwalify->west) Using cached https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/73/fb/00a976f728d0d1fecfe898238ce23f502a721c0ac0ecfedb80e0d88c64e9/six-1.12.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl Installing collected packages: colorama, six, python-dateutil, docopt, PyYAML, pykwalify, west Successfully installed PyYAML-3.13 colorama-0.4.1 docopt-0.6.2 pykwalify-1.7.0 python-dateutil-2.8.0 six-1.10.0 west-0.5.4 You are using pip version 8.1.1, however version 19.0.2 is available. You should consider upgrading via the 'pip install --upgrade pip' command. jlb6740@yshou-mint:~$ westcos-tool ^C jlb6740@yshou-mint:~/Downloads$ west --version No command 'west' found, did you mean: Command 'test' from package 'coreutils' (main) west: command not found jlb6740@yshou-mint:~/Downloads$

[...]

1521 - 1540 of 2845