Date

Retrieve Mesh Proxy Data Out #bluetoothmesh #zephyrbluetoothmesh #nrf52-pca10040

paul.leguennec@...

Hi,
I have a proxy node that receives messages from my mesh network, and I'm trying to retrieve the Mesh Proxy Data Out, in order to read mesh messages and in the future use them in an application. I tried to see what was in the Mesh Proxy Data Out by enabling notifications on nRF Connect. My mesh messages are send really often, and yet I receive no notifications on nRF Connect (PC or Android).
I at least want to see the proxy PDU, which appears neither in raw data, nor in the notifcations (since i don't receive any).
Does somebody have an idea of how to retrieve Data Out and/or the proxy PDU?

I have three nodes (0x0001, 0x0002, 0x0003) publishing and subscribing to the group address 0xC000. 0x0001 is my proxy node.

I believe it's some kind of a gatt server I'm looking for, but I would first want to see what data I am receiving / I could receive.

Thanks,
Paul.

PS : This message was on the devel list but it seems it's more appropriate here.

port other projects to Zephyr

KAY LI NG <kayli0109@...>

Hi there,

Is it possible to port FreeRTOS project to Zephyr project?

Seems like both of them works differently.

Regards,
Kay Li

Re: west build broken?

Marc Herbert

My bad, can you please try this revert https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/17549 ?

Marc

From: <users@...> on behalf of Lawrence King <lawrence.king@...>
Date: Monday, 15 July 2019 at 11:12
To: "users@..." <users@...>
Subject: [Zephyr-users] west build broken?

Dear All:

Today I did a ‘west update’, and a ‘git pull’ in the zephyr directory.

After fixing the things in my code that have become deprecated I have found an issue with west that can easily be replicated.

cd zephyr/samples/basic/blinky

west build -b mdk52840_mdk

# west happily builds the west code and it works fine

touch src/main.c

west build -b mdk52840_mdk

# this time the build fails with a link error

Before today ‘west build’ happily compiles just src/main.c and successfully relinked your project, all was good.

Same issue exists with my code instead of blinky, and with any board I have tried….

Connected Transport Market Unit

https://www.Irdeto.com

+1(416)627-7302

1  2 - linkedin  3 - instagram  4 - youtube  6 - facebook  7

CONFIDENTIAL: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed. It can contain proprietary confidential information and be subject to legal privilege and/or subject to a non-disclosure Agreement. Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying is strictly prohibited. If you are not the/an addressee and are in possession of this e-mail, please delete the message and notify us immediately. Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail. Thank you.

west build broken?

Lawrence King

[...]

Re: #hci_uart with board nrf52_pca10040 build fail #hci_uart

You have several options:

  1. Pass “-p auto” to west so that it cleans the build folder for you
  2. Add “pristine = auto” to your ~/.westconfig
  3. Delete the build/ folder manually

More information here:

https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/guides/west/build-flash-debug.html#building-west-build

Carles

Author: Nicolas Pitre <npitre@...>

Date:   Tue Jul 9 17:19:12 2019 -0400

    tests: usb: make 64-bit compatible

    Let's use the PTR_DIFF() helper which performs pointer difference in a

    64-bit compatible way, and use %zu for printing sizeof() results.

    Signed-off-by: Nicolas Pitre <npitre@...>

build command and error message:

deeve@debian:~/zephyrproject/zephyr$ west build -b nrf52_pca10040 samples/bluetooth/hci_uart

-- west build: build configuration:

       source directory: /home/deeve/zephyrproject/zephyr/samples/bluetooth/hci_uart

       build directory: /home/deeve/zephyrproject/zephyr/build

       BOARD: nrf52_pca10040 (origin: command line)

-- west build: generating a build system

CMake Error: The source "/home/deeve/zephyrproject/zephyr/samples/bluetooth/hci_uart/CMakeLists.txt" does not match the source "/home/deeve/zephyrproject/zephyr/CMakeLists.txt" used to generate cache.  Re-run cmake with a different source directory.

ERROR: command exited with status 1: /usr/local/bin/cmake -B/home/deeve/zephyrproject/zephyr/build -S/home/deeve/zephyrproject/zephyr/samples/bluetooth/hci_uart -GNinja -DBOARD=nrf52_pca10040

run as "west -v build -b nrf52_pca10040 samples/bluetooth/hci_uart" for a stack trace

Re: DTLS over CoAP for the Zephyr project

Carles Cufi

Hi Nikos,

Copying a couple of people that might not be on this mailing list and may be able to help you.

From: <users@...> on behalf of KAY LI NG <kayli0109@...>
Date: Monday, 8 July 2019 at 19:41
To: "users@..." <users@...>
Subject: [Zephyr-users] flag for board type issue

Hi there,

I have a question.

I specified the flag for board type to build, it works.

But when i specify the flag for another board type, it still targets to the previous board.

$ cmake -Bbuild -GNinja -DBOARD=sam_e70_xplained samples/hello_world

$ cmake -Bbuild -GNinja -DBOARD=qemu_x86 samples/hello_world

image.png

If i delete the build directory and specified the board type again, it works.

Is that a problem?

Or any other ways to simplify this?

Regards,

Kay Li

Re: DTC version unsupported error #west

Carles Cufi

Hi Eric,

Can you try replacing $HOME in the ZEPHYR_SDK_INSTALL_DIR with the full path? I know I’ve seen issues with that in the past.

For example in my case I use:

ZEPHYR_SDK_INSTALL_DIR="/home/carles/bin/zephyr-sdk"

*From: *<users@lists.zephyrproject.org> on behalf of KAY LI NG <
kayli0109@gmail.com>
*Date: *Tuesday, 2 July 2019 at 18:15
*To: *"users@lists.zephyrproject.org" <users@lists.zephyrproject.org>
*Subject: *[Zephyr-users] cant perform west init

Hi there,

While performing west init, i face this issue.

$ west init zephyrproject

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/home/gchee2/.local/bin/west", line 11, in <module>

sys.exit(main())

File
"/home/gchee2/.local/lib/python3.4/site-packages/west/_bootstrap/main
.py",
line 501, in main

init(wrap_argv[1:])

File
"/home/gchee2/.local/lib/python3.4/site-packages/west/_bootstrap/main
.py",
line 257, in init

bootstrap(args)

File
"/home/gchee2/.local/lib/python3.4/site-packages/west/_bootstrap/main
.py",
line 323, in bootstrap

exist_ok=True)

File
"/home/gchee2/.local/lib/python3.4/site-packages/west/_bootstrap/main
.py",
line 124, in clone

_banner('Cloning {} from {}, rev. {} into {}'.format(desc, url,
rev,
dest))

File
"/home/gchee2/.local/lib/python3.4/site-packages/west/_bootstrap/main
.py",
line 162, in _banner

print(colorama.Fore.LIGHTGREEN_EX, end='')

AttributeError: 'AnsiCodes' object has no attribute 'LIGHTGREEN_EX'

Some online resources say its the colorama version not up to date,
but i cant seems to upgrade it.

Any idea how to solve it?

Thank you!

Regards,

Kay Li

Re: #hci_uart with board nrf52_pca10040 build fail #hci_uart

Chettimada, Vinayak Kariappa <vinayak.kariappa.chettimada@...>

Hi Deeve,

I use the following steps (when not using west):

$ cd ${ZEPHYR_BASE}

$ mkdir -p build/hci_uart

$ cd build/hci_uart

$ cmake -GNinja -DBOARD=nrf52_pca10040 ../../samples/bluetooth/hci_uart/

$ ninja

Hope this may help.

Author: Nicolas Pitre <npitre@...>
Date:   Tue Jul 9 17:19:12 2019 -0400

[...]

Re: Mesh publish message to proxy node

Venkat Rao Vallapaneni <vallapaneni@...>

Hi Johan,

I have noticed the following and I think this is not expected behavior.

I have a mesh network with two nodes with addresses 0x0100 and 0x0106. I have connected to the mesh network from my android device over 0x0100. I also have set proxy filtering to blacklist filter without any addresses added to the filter.

Now I am sending config message to the node 0x0106 from android device. I see that node 0x0100 receives this PDU over GATT but it does not relay over advertisement barrier. It relays this message back to android device over GATT.

I looked at the code and bt_mesh_proxy_relay is returning true and with destination address being unicast address (0x0106), bt_mesh_net_relay is not calling bt_mesh_adv_send. I suppose this is not correct behavior. Please let me know.

With whitelist filter, everything works fine (bt_mesh_proxy_relay returns false as destination address is not there in filtered addresses).

Rgds,
Venkat.

On 18/06/19 11:38 PM, Venkat Rao Vallapaneni wrote:
Hi Johan,

Thanks for the clarification. I am referring to group address. I missed setting up proxy filtering.

Rgds,
Venkat.

On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 at 9:54 PM, Hedberg, Johan <johan.hedberg@...> wrote:
Hi Venkat,

On 17 Jun 2019, at 16.33, Venkat Rao Vallapaneni <vallapaneni@...> wrote:
> I get messages if the destination address is same as proxy node address (like get the status of light message is received on proxy node notification characteristic).
>
> What if the destination address (publish address) is different than proxy node address? Does Zephyr mesh application sends those messages also to proxy notification characteristic? Or does it send messages that are directed to only proxy node?

That depends on what the publish address is. If it’s a group address then any node that subscribes to this address, including the proxy node, will receive it. If it’s a unicast address it needs to belong to one of the elements on the proxy node. I’m not familiar with the implementation of nRF Mesh, however the proxy protocol has a mechanism through which proxy clients (like nRF Mesh) can inform the proxy server of additional group addresses the client is subscribed to. This way the proxy knows to forward messages to the client even though the destination isn’t a unicast address of the client.

Rgds,
Venkat.

Re: DTLS over CoAP for the Zephyr project

Nikos Karamolegkos

Any ideas guys?

Summer 2019 Zephyr Project Newsletter

Zephyr Project <taldrich@...>

Welcome to the Zephyr Project Newsletter! As the Zephyr community continues to grow and innovate we've added this update to the list of resources and tools available to our ecosystem to stay connected. In this edition, we are excited to bring you updates on what's in store for ZephyrOS this summer and fall, provide a glimpse into some of the work currently underway in the community and share ways you can get involved in the Zephyr Project.

About the Zephyr Project

Zephyr Project Welcomes it's 500th Contributor!

Community is core to a successful open source project. In addition to improving and expanding the code base, a vibrant and diverse community brings new perspectives, energy and opportunity. Over the last year the Zephyr community has grown dramatically and the project is stronger because of these new voices. This month, the Zephyr Project is thrilled to welcome it's 500th contributor. On behalf of the entire community, we would like to welcome each and every one of the new contributors.

If you are interested in joining the Zephyr Project as a member or contributor please reach out. We are here to help.
How to Contribute
Become a Member

The Zephyr Project Announces Major Technical Milestone with Release of Zephyr OS 1.14 LTS.

Earlier this spring, Zephyr Project introduced the first long term support (LTS) release of Zephyr OS, Zephyr 1.14.0 LTS. This release is an important technical milestone for the community and is intended to be a more stable, certifiable option for product makers and developers. Major enhancements include:
  • Support for over 160 different board configurations spanning 8 architecture configurations.
  • Enhancement of the native POSIX port by adding UART, USB, and display drivers. Based on this port, we added a simulated NRF52832 SoC which enables running full system, multi-node simulations, without the need of real hardware.
  • Application of MISRA-C code guideline on the kernel and core components of Zephyr.
  • Addition of an experimental BLE split software Controller with Upper Link Layer and Lower Link Layer for supporting multiple BLE radio hardware architectures.
  • Introduction of the west tool for management of multiple repositories and enhanced support for flashing and debugging.
  • Support for the x86_64 architecture. It is currently implemented only for QEMU targets, supports arbitrary numbers of CPUs, and runs in SMP mode by default, our first platform to do so.
  • Added support for application user mode, application memory partitions, and hardware stack protection in ARMv8m
This release marks the culmination of one of the largest and most ambitious efforts undertaken by the Zephyr Project to date. This release would not have been possible without the hard work and skill of the 250 developers who contributed code over the last 6 months. Read more here.
Get Zephyr OS

Winners of Zephyr OS 1.14 LTS Bug Fixing Contest Announced

As part of the celebration of the ZephyrOS 1.14 LTS release the TSC hosted their first ever bug fixing contest. Sponsored by Zephyr Project member NXP, this contest awarded an i.MX RT1050 to eligible developers who helped close bugs and issues in this release. We are thrilled to announce the winners of the contest: Jukka Rissanen, Vikrant More, Aaron Tsui and Tavish Naruka. We thank you for your contributions to the Zephyr Project! Enjoy the boards and happy hacking!

Products Powered by ZephyrOS

The Zephyr Project is proud to promote the incredible products and services created by our community of product makers, innovators and entrepreneurs. If you would like to have your product featured in the Zephyr Quarterly newsletter please contact us.

The HiFive1 Rev B is Here

HiFive1 Rev B is an upgrade to SiFive's low-cost development board featuring the Freedom E310. It’s the best way to start prototyping and developing your RISC‑V applications. Order yours today.

Laird Connectivity Pinnacle 100

Laird Connectivity has a new multi-wireless modem that combines the advantages of low-power cellular LTE connectivity and Bluetooth 5 technology into an integrated solution. This unique combination allows new use cases employing low-cost, long-range Bluetooth sensors all attached to the next generation LTE network in simpler and less costly solution architecture.

hereO CORE

hereO Core is the world's first plug and play IoT platform developed from the ground up for companies looking to smarten up their consumer product offerings and mobile assets.

Ruuvi Node

Developed by Finnish open-source electronics specialist, Ruuvi Innovations, the Ruuvi Node is a highly robust, maintenance-free, 100 per cent open-source node solution that combines a Nordic Semiconductor nRF9160 System-in-Package (SiP) cellular IoT module and an ultra-low power Nordic nRF52840 multi-protocol Bluetooth System-on-Chip (SoC).

Phantom ELDA

Phantom's End-device Level Distributed Automation (ELDA) is a Bluetooth LE home automation system which allows wall switches to wirelessly control lights in mesh network. The system uses two devices employing Nordic’s nRF52832 SoC for mesh networking between wall switch and LED drivers. Learn more here.

Zephyr Project Face to Face Meeting Brings Together Community for Strategic Planning

With the successful release of ZephyrOS 1.14 LTS complete it is now time for the community to begin looking ahead to what's next for Zephyr Project. In addition to safety certifications, the Zephyr Project is currently working towards:

  • Improving our processes and transparency
  • Revamping our website and online presence
  • The release of Zephyr 2.0 and Zephyr 1.14.1
  • Enabling product makers and users through guides and training materials

Thank you to the team at Intel for hosting this incredible, intensive 3 day workshop. You can read the full recap of the event in this blog by Zephyr Project Board Chairperson Amy Occhialino (Intel).

A Message From Linux Foundation Strategic Programs Director Kate Stewart: Welcome New Zephyr Project Leadership

The Zephyr Project would like to extend a warm welcome to the following contributors who have taken leadership roles within the community.
  • Maureen Helm (NXP) TSC Chairperson
  • Mark Merizan (Intel) Marketing Committee Chairperson
  • David Brown (Linaro) Security Architect
  • Flávio Ceolin (Intel) Security Chair
  • Amber Hibberd (Intel) Interim Safety Chair
We would like to thank Anas Nashif (Intel) for his service to the community as TSC Chairperson from 2016 - 2019, Andy Gross (Linaro) for his work as the Security Chairperson and Ebba Simpson (Linaro) for her leadership as the Chairperson of the Marketing Committee. Thank you!

New Developer Guides and Resources

RISC-V Getting Started Guide

The RISC-V Getting Started Guide shows users how to get started developing for the free and open RISC-V ISA. The Guide focuses on running Zephyr and Linux – on popular RISC-V platforms with minimum effort. Learn more here.

The Bluetooth LE Developer Study Guide is the perfect way to learn about Bluetooth LE, GATT and GAP and Zephyr with hands-on experience. Download the Bluetooth LE Developer Study Guide today and get coding with Zephyr and Bluetooth! Learn more here.

Thank you to our friends at Fit IoT-Lab for sharing a fantastic guide with the community that shows users how to quickly setup a Zephyr development environment and how to compile a Zephyr firmware.

Antmicro has recently released Renode 1.7 and 1.7.1, one of the largest updates yet of the open source multi-node simulation framework that has been gaining popularity in both the RISC-V ecosystem and Zephyr Project.

The Zephyr Project Technical Newsletter

Back by popular demand, we are thrilled to share the latest changes and ongoing initiatives within the Zephyr repos in this monthly recap published by Marti Bolivar (Nordic Semiconductors). View the May and June updates.

Upcoming Events

For the full listing of events, workshops and speaking engagements, please visit our event page.

Get Involved

Zephyr Project is a diverse and inclusive community dedicated to building a vendor neutral ecosystem around Zephyr OS. We welcome contributions of all types as we build a truly open source RTOS to meet the needs of developers and users inventing, building and connecting the Internet of Things. Join us.
Join the Slack Channel
Contribute to Zephyr OS
Contact Us
LinkedIn
Twitter
Website
YouTube
GitHub
Copyright © 2019 Zephyr Project, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
1 Letterman Drive
Building D, Suite D4700
San Francisco, CA 94129
Phone/Fax: +1 415 723 9709
https://www.linuxfoundation.org/

This email was sent to users@...
Zephyr Project · 1702 Bauerle Ave · Austin, TX 78704-3304 · USA

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp

Re: flag for board type issue

Marc Herbert

From: <users@...> on behalf of KAY LI NG <kayli0109@...>
Date: Monday, 8 July 2019 at 19:41
To: "users@..." <users@...>

Hi there,

I have a question.

I specified the flag for board type to build, it works.

But when i specify the flag for another board type, it still targets to the previous board.

$ cmake -Bbuild -GNinja -DBOARD=sam_e70_xplained samples/hello_world

$ cmake -Bbuild -GNinja -DBOARD=qemu_x86 samples/hello_world

image.png

If i delete the build directory and specified the board type again, it works.

Is that a problem?

Or any other ways to simplify this?

Regards,

Kay Li

flag for board type issue

KAY LI NG <kayli0109@...>

Hi there,

I have a question.
I specified the flag for board type to build, it works.
But when i specify the flag for another board type, it still targets to the previous board.

$ cmake -Bbuild -GNinja -DBOARD=sam_e70_xplained samples/hello_world

$ cmake -Bbuild -GNinja -DBOARD=qemu_x86 samples/hello_world

image.png

If i delete the build directory and specified the board type again, it works.
Is that a problem?
Or any other ways to simplify this?

Regards,
Kay Li

Re: BLE mesh message advertising interval

Venkat Rao Vallapaneni <vallapaneni@...>

Hi,

I also have a follow-up question, more related to the specification. This is regarding Publish Retransmit Count. I suppose this increases the number of mesh messages advertised. Can we have "Model Publication" state for configuration server model also? In the specification, it is mentioned that: "models defined by higher layer specifications use instances of the model publication state to control the publishing of messages". Not sure if we can have this state for base model such as configuration server.

Rgds,
Venkat.

On 08/07/19 8:30 PM, Venkat Rao Vallapaneni wrote:

Hi,

I am trying BLE mesh on-off app on nrf52840 USB dongle. I have provisioned two devices.
After provisioning, I have connected from my android device to node1 and sending messages to configuration server of node2. Node1, node2 and mobile are next to each other.
I am sending 25 configuration messages (binding app keys, setting pub and adding sub) for all generic onoff server/client models in node2.

Sometimes, I see that I don't get response (No response could be first message or any message in between or sometimes even I am successful in binding app keys to all models, but rarely).
When I debugged, I noticed that node2 receives configuration message (node1 relays the message received by the android device) and it also sends response with mesh message.

This mesh message is missed by node1. I am trying to understand more on why this mesh message advertising packet was missed by node1.

I noticed that in mesh/adv.c, I see that min interval and max interval are same. In the specifications, it is mentioned that: "The Advertising_Interval_Min shall be less than or equal to the Advertising_Interval_Max. The Advertising_Interval_Min and Advertising_Interval_Max should not be the same value to enable the Controller to determine the best advertising interval given other activities."

param.interval_min = ADV_SCAN_UNIT(adv_int);
param.interval_max = param.interval_min;

Why these two values are set same?

I have tried making interval_max as ADV_SCAN_UNIT(adv_int+5) but didn't help.

I have used default settings in mesh on-off sample app:

/* 3 transmissions with 20ms interval */
.net_transmit = BT_MESH_TRANSMIT(2, 20),

I increased the transmissions to 6 (along with max interval greater than min interval) and it improved (3/5 times successful in sending 25 configuration messages back to back).

Any other recommended approaches to minimize mesh message advertising packet losses?

Thanks,
Venkat.

[...]

Eric

[...]

Re: [EXT] [Zephyr-users] UART serial and CDC-ACM on Zephyr #bt #hc5

gnfranco@...

Thanks Andrei

1141 - 1160 of 2706