Date

Re: BLE Central and peripheral role #bluetooth #ble

nrjn

Thank you Alfredo and Vinayak, bluetooth/shell is a perfect reference point.

Re: Trying to perform version exchange procedure #ble

Vinayak Kariappa

Take a look at hci_core.c on how host uses the feature exchange to determine supported Bluetooth features.

Version exchange only helps in identifying a vendor/company and revision of their firmware. And useful to have/handle blacklisting/workaround application behaviors.

I would use HCI command to fetch remote version information. By spec, version exchange to be done only once and to be cached for a peer device. It is best handled by host issuing hci cmd and not have controller do it automatically.

On 18-Jul-2019, at 6:19 PM, Megan Bredes <mbredes@...> wrote:

Well the current goal is to get the version exchange procedure to happen at all, but the end goal is to get it to happen twice so that I can verify that the peripheral that I am talking to responds correctly. I am trying to use zephyr to verify that a peripheral meets a number of bluetooth spec requirements.

Megan

On Thu, Jul 18, 2019 at 7:48 AM Cufi, Carles <Carles.Cufi@...> wrote:

Hi there,

The Version Exchange procedure is a Link Layer one performed automatically by the LL.

What are you trying to achieve exactly?

Carles

From: <users@...> on behalf of Lawrence King <lawrence.king@...>
Date: Monday, 15 July 2019 at 11:12
To: "users@..." <users@...>
Subject: [Zephyr-users] west build broken?

Dear All:

Today I did a ‘west update’, and a ‘git pull’ in the zephyr directory.

After fixing the things in my code that have become deprecated I have found an issue with west that can easily be replicated.

cd zephyr/samples/basic/blinky

west build -b mdk52840_mdk

# west happily builds the west code and it works fine

touch src/main.c

west build -b mdk52840_mdk

# this time the build fails with a link error

Before today ‘west build’ happily compiles just src/main.c and successfully relinked your project, all was good.

Same issue exists with my code instead of blinky, and with any board I have tried….

Connected Transport Market Unit

https://www.Irdeto.com

+1(416)627-7302

1  2 - linkedin  3 - instagram  4 - youtube  6 - facebook  7

CONFIDENTIAL: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed. It can contain proprietary confidential information and be subject to legal privilege and/or subject to a non-disclosure Agreement. Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying is strictly prohibited. If you are not the/an addressee and are in possession of this e-mail, please delete the message and notify us immediately. Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail. Thank you.

west build broken?

Lawrence King

[...]

Re: #hci_uart with board nrf52_pca10040 build fail #hci_uart

You have several options:

  1. Pass “-p auto” to west so that it cleans the build folder for you
  2. Add “pristine = auto” to your ~/.westconfig
  3. Delete the build/ folder manually

More information here:

https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/guides/west/build-flash-debug.html#building-west-build

Carles

Author: Nicolas Pitre <npitre@...>

Date:   Tue Jul 9 17:19:12 2019 -0400

    tests: usb: make 64-bit compatible

    Let's use the PTR_DIFF() helper which performs pointer difference in a

    64-bit compatible way, and use %zu for printing sizeof() results.

    Signed-off-by: Nicolas Pitre <npitre@...>

build command and error message:

deeve@debian:~/zephyrproject/zephyr$ west build -b nrf52_pca10040 samples/bluetooth/hci_uart

-- west build: build configuration:

       source directory: /home/deeve/zephyrproject/zephyr/samples/bluetooth/hci_uart

       build directory: /home/deeve/zephyrproject/zephyr/build

       BOARD: nrf52_pca10040 (origin: command line)

-- west build: generating a build system

CMake Error: The source "/home/deeve/zephyrproject/zephyr/samples/bluetooth/hci_uart/CMakeLists.txt" does not match the source "/home/deeve/zephyrproject/zephyr/CMakeLists.txt" used to generate cache.  Re-run cmake with a different source directory.

ERROR: command exited with status 1: /usr/local/bin/cmake -B/home/deeve/zephyrproject/zephyr/build -S/home/deeve/zephyrproject/zephyr/samples/bluetooth/hci_uart -GNinja -DBOARD=nrf52_pca10040

run as "west -v build -b nrf52_pca10040 samples/bluetooth/hci_uart" for a stack trace