Date

Communication between native_posix board and external hardware via router

Lei Xu <lei.xu@...>

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to setup the communication between a native_posix board and a sensor. The sensor is connected to my router, and the native_posix program is running on my Linux host, which is also connected to the same router.

I have tried to setup a zeth interface using the provided net-tools. The configuration file used for setup zeth is as follows:

INTERFACE="$1"
HWADDR="00:00:5e:00:53:21"
IPV6_ADDR_1="2001:db8:2100::1"
IPV6_ROUTE_1="2001:db8:2100::/64"
IPV4_ADDR_1="192.168.1.104/24"
IPV4_ROUTE_1="192.168.1.0/24"
ip link set dev $INTERFACE up
ip link set dev $INTERFACE address $HWADDR
ip -6 address add $IPV6_ADDR_1 dev $INTERFACE nodad
ip -6 route add $IPV6_ROUTE_1 dev $INTERFACE
ip address add $IPV4_ADDR_1 dev $INTERFACE
ip route add $IPV4_ROUTE_1 dev $INTERFACE > /dev/null 2>&1

Correspondingly, the configurations in my native_posix project are as follows:

CONFIG_NET_CONFIG_MY_IPV4_ADDR="192.168.1.105"
CONFIG_NET_CONFIG_MY_IPV4_GW="192.168.1.1"
#CONFIG_ETH_NATIVE_POSIX_STARTUP_AUTOMATIC=y
CONFIG_ETH_NATIVE_POSIX_RANDOM_MAC=n
CONFIG_ETH_NATIVE_POSIX_MAC_ADDR="00:00:5e:00:53:22"
CONFIG_ETH_NATIVE_POSIX_DRV_NAME="zeth"

where "192.168.1.1" is the router's address.

After building and running the native_posix program, it can only communicate with the local host but cannot communicate with my sensors. May someone figure out what's the problem?

Best regards,

Lei

Scan and advertise on single channel - Bluetooth, Zephyr

edyta.bosacka@...

I would like to advertise and scan ONLY on one bluetooth channel (for example channel 37). Is there any way to do this in Zephyr? I tried to search parametr responsibles for it in this structure:
struct bt_le_scan_param scan_param = {
.type = BT_HCI_LE_SCAN_PASSIVE,
.options = BT_LE_SCAN_OPT_NONE,
.interval = 0x0010,
.window = 0x0010,}
but i dont think that this is solution.

I also found a file lll_chan in zephyrproject\zephyr\subsys\bluetooth\controller\ll_sw\nordic\lll. TI includes channel selection algorithms, but i dont see where can i select just one advertising channel?

Scan and advertise only on single bluetooth channel

Edyta Bosacka <edyta.bosacka@...>

Hi, Is it possible in Zephyr to advertise and scan through Bluetooth only on single channel ( for example channel37)? I found some file III_chan with channel selection algorithms and I wonder: do i need to change this file somehow or theere is some simple way to do this?

Re: [Zephyr-devel] SDK 0.11.4 Release

Wu, Wentong <wentong.wu@...>

Any plan to have 1.14 LTS branch upgrading SDK as master does? IMHO, we should do that because we claim it's LTS branch.

From: <devel@...> on behalf of Carles Cufi <carles.cufi@...>
Date: Tuesday, 7 July 2020 at 06:42
To: Simon Glass <sjg@...>
Cc: "devel@..." <devel@...>, "users@..." <users@...>
Subject: Re: [Zephyr-devel] Post 2.3.0 PR merging

Hi Simon,

Not to my knowledge, no. But perhaps Ioannis or Anas know if it’s also documented elsewhere.

Regarding the “stamp of approval” that was mentioned earlier in the thread, I think we could adopt a middle ground. If the person with merge rights is reasonably knowledgeable about the area of the change, and understands the implications, their +1 could count even if they are not a maintainer. I feel that in many cases this could unblock PRs without compromising the quality of the code being merged.

Carles

Am 06.07.2020 um 22:20 schrieb Simon Glass <sjg@...>:

Hi Carles,

OK I see. Since you called out the 2-approver change as a cause of the bottleneck, I'm assuming there is data available on this.

I was looking around for discussion about the decision. The closest I found was here. Is there something else?

Regards,

SImon

On Mon, 6 Jul 2020 at 12:23, Cufi, Carles <Carles.Cufi@...> wrote:

Hi Simon,

A decision like that would need to go through the TSC, and in order to be able to vote we’d need to have clear stats on how many PRs are actually blocked by this policy. I was thinking about this recently, and given that those in Zephyr with merge rights can in fact add their +1 and they typically rely on a maintainer’s review to decide whether to merge a PR or not, this might not have as big as an impact as I originally thought.

That said, I believe we need a new GitHub filter to help us. Right now, we have one that lists PRs that are approved, passing CI and ready to merge, but what we need is one that shows all PRs that are partially approved (i.e. a single +1) and passing CI. Then those of us with merge rights could go over those regularly (like we do for the former) and, provided there’s a +1 from a maintainer, we could take one additional look at the PR, approve it and merge it.

I’d very much like to hear the opinion of others with merge rights in this thread.

From: <users@...> on behalf of Lawrence King <lawrence.king@...>
Date: Monday, 6 July 2020 at 15:41
To: Carles Cufi <carles.cufi@...>, Simon Glass <sjg@...>
Cc: "devel@..." <devel@...>, "users@..." <users@...>
Subject: Re: [Zephyr-users] [Zephyr-devel] Post 2.3.0 PR merging

Hi Charles:

This just my personal opinion on the subject. Two approvals is the right thing to do and what the TSC approved earlier this year.

BUT, if the second +1 is just a rubber stamp approval of the maintainer’s +1 then there is no point having two approvals.

The second +1 should come from someone who is: knowledgeable in the area, has studied the changes, and approves.

[...]

test coverage

novello

In a x86_64 ubuntu 18.04

I have made this test :
/scripts/sanitycheck --all --enable-slow
and it work .

I have made those test and I get the result  and is fine.
sanitycheck --coverage -p native_posix -T tests/kernel

Those test. and thay work.
sanitycheck --device-testing --device-serial /dev/ttyACM0 -p frdm_k82f -T tests/kernel

I can't do this test.
sanitycheck --coverage --device-testing --device-serial /dev/ttyACM0 -p frdm_k82f  -T tests/kernel
May someone  help me ?
Best Regards
Novello G.

Re: HAL architecture

Noëlle Clement

{sent again because I forgot to also send it to the mailing list!}

Thank you a lot both!
Over the past few weeks I've unexpectedly had to work on some other part of the board port, so only now I'm starting on the low power management.

The good news is that by now I also have a bit better understanding of Zephyr and the power management, partially thanks to your advice! However, now that I've actually started on this part, I have many questions. I thought it would be more useful to ask through the mailing list, in case Francois is busy. The power management is crucial for our application, which is part of a prototype I'm developing for my Bachelor thesis, and I'm on a tight schedule haha.

I have looked through the PR Erwan mentioned, regarding the low power support for the STM32L4, but there's still some parts that are raising questions.

Some extra technical details:
- We use the STM32L151CC on our custom board. This board has already been ported by me (or at least the configuration part required for flashing and running the application).
- We need to use the stop mode with RTC
- During 'normal' operation the HSI is used, during the stop mode the LSE is used
- If I understood correctly, currently the wake up is caused through a timed interrupt from the RTC

Some of my questions are:
1. In this issue (https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/19755) only a few series part of the STM32 family are mentioned. Does this mean that low power management is already supported in Zephyr as-is for the other series (like the STM32L1xxx series), or just that they are not a priority or the like?
2. Why was it necessary to create a power.c file specifically for the STM32L4XXX? Is that always required for the STM32 SOCs, or was it only because the sleep modes didn't 'align' with the stop modes?
3. In the (modules/hal/stm32/stm32cube/stm32l1xx/drivers/include/) 'stm32l1xx_ll_pwr.h' file I can't find variables specifying specific stop modes, like in the 'stm32l4xx_ll_pwr.h' file. Why is this the case? How will I specify the specific stop mode if it's not in the HAL?
4. Are there still things that need to be included / written in the application source, for the power management to work properly, with the way it was set up for the STM32L4xxx (creating the separate power.c file)?

There's a bit of overlap in these questions, as you may have noticed. I guess the main question is 'help, I'm not sure how to set up the power management', since I'm simultaneously learning about power management configuration and how this is done in Zephyr. But I tried to give more direction where I'm most confused haha.

Have a great day!