Date

IPSP sample with KW41Z-BLE controller gives error: No route to host (on Linux kernel 4.4.0-98)

Priyanka

Hello

I test KW41Z-BLE controller with Zepyhr sample IPSP running in QEMU on Linux Kernel 4.4.0-98

I load 6lowpan module and enable bluetooth_6lowpan module

# modprobe bluetooth_6lowpan
# modprobe 6lowpan

# echo 1 > /sys/kernel/debug/bluetooth/6lowpan_enable

However, while connecting the device it gives error "no route to host"

# echo "connect 00:60:37:00:00:16 1" > /sys/kernel/debug/bluetooth/6lowpan_control
bash: echo: write error: No route to host

Any idea what is missing here?

$ sudo hcitool -i hci1 lecc 00:60:37:00:00:16
Connection handle 32

Whereas this works fine when I test zephyr IPSP sample (BLE host) with virtual BLE controller connected to QEMU serial line.

ifconfig shows bt0 up after connecting the virtual device

# echo "connect 00:aa:01:00:00:23 1" > /sys/kernel/debug/bluetooth/6lowpan_control

# cat /sys/kernel/debug/bluetooth/6lowpan_enable
1

# cat /sys/kernel/debug/bluetooth/6lowpan_control
00:aa:01:00:00:23 (type 1)

Thanks

Priyanka

Re: Odp.: 6loWPAN IPSP devices fail to communicate (bluetooth-next 4.14.0-rc7 )

Luiz Augusto von Dentz

Hi Dogiel,

On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 1:27 PM, Dogiel Pawel <Pawel.Dogiel@tieto.com> wrote:
Hi Luiz,

Thank You for Your response, fix for multi-link setup worked fine for Me.
If you can please then respond to the patch since that seems to be
ignored for now, though it might not be useful in the future.

Now I'm trying to use userspace way with patches for kernel and BlueZ:

https://marc.info/?l=linux-wpan&m=150832838029474&w=4
and
https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-bluetooth/msg72592.html

After that managed to connect to the devices and can see the bt0 interface but for now I can not ping any device.
Neither if there is one or multiple of them.
Looks like that was not the latest version, let me send a v3 of that.

Regards,
Pawel

Od: Luiz Augusto von Dentz <luiz.dentz@gmail.com>
Wysłane: 10 listopada 2017 13:03:55
Do: Dogiel Pawel
DW: Zephyr-users@lists.zephyrproject.org
Temat: Re: [Zephyr-users] 6loWPAN IPSP devices fail to communicate (bluetooth-next 4.14.0-rc7 )

Hi Dogiel,

We will be removing the debugfs in the future, there are actually
patches on the BlueZ mailing to implement it in userspace using the
TUN/TAP driver through the kernel part is still not settle:

https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-bluetooth/msg72592.html

In the meantime you may try this:

https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-bluetooth/msg72040.html

On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 3:54 PM, Dogiel Pawel <Pawel.Dogiel@tieto.com> wrote:
Hello,

I have issue with IPSP devices over 6loWPAN on kernel 4.14.0-rc7.

The thing is that when I connect My Linux machine to one IPSP device using 'debugfs' interface the communication is OK. Pings are working.
But when second IPSP device is connected no pings are received from IPSP devices ('resource unreachable').

Regards,
Pawel

Luiz Augusto von Dentz

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz

Odp.: 6loWPAN IPSP devices fail to communicate (bluetooth-next 4.14.0-rc7 )

Dogiel Pawel <Pawel.Dogiel@...>

Od: Luiz Augusto von Dentz <luiz.dentz@gmail.com>
Wysłane: 10 listopada 2017 13:03:55
Do: Dogiel Pawel
[...]

Re: I2C on nucleo L476RG

Yannis Damigos

Hi Nicolas,

did you also update dts.fixup file in boards directory?

Best regards,
Yannis

On Sun, Nov 12, 2017 at 4:31 PM, Nicolas Gonzalez <nicolas@ngonzalez.fr> wrote:
Hello,

I am new to Zephyr and i try to use I2C on my nucleo L476RG.

dev = device_get_binding(CONFIG_I2C_1_NAME);
^ This always return NULL.

I saw in the pinmux.c that I2C_1 could be used :
#ifdef CONFIG_I2C_1
{STM32_PIN_PB6, STM32L4X_PINMUX_FUNC_PB6_I2C1_SCL},
{STM32_PIN_PB7, STM32L4X_PINMUX_FUNC_PB7_I2C1_SDA},
#endif /* CONFIG_I2C_1 */

I decided to add these lines to my prf.conf :
CONFIG_I2C=y
CONFIG_I2C_1=y
CONFIG_I2C_1_IRQ_PRI=1

It doesn't work at all ...
I tried to modify the device tree of the board but unsuccessful too :)

Thank you for your help,
ngonzalez

I2C on nucleo L476RG

Nicolas Gonzalez <nicolas@...>

Hello,

I am new to Zephyr and i try to use I2C on my nucleo L476RG.

dev = device_get_binding(CONFIG_I2C_1_NAME);
^ This always return NULL.

I saw in the pinmux.c that I2C_1 could be used :
#ifdef CONFIG_I2C_1
{STM32_PIN_PB6, STM32L4X_PINMUX_FUNC_PB6_I2C1_SCL},
{STM32_PIN_PB7, STM32L4X_PINMUX_FUNC_PB7_I2C1_SDA},
#endif /* CONFIG_I2C_1 */

I decided to add these lines to my prf.conf :
CONFIG_I2C=y
CONFIG_I2C_1=y
CONFIG_I2C_1_IRQ_PRI=1

It doesn't work at all ...
I tried to modify the device tree of the board but unsuccessful too :)

Thank you for your help,
ngonzalez

Re: 6loWPAN IPSP devices fail to communicate (bluetooth-next 4.14.0-rc7 )

[...]

Re: [Zephyr-devel] CMake migration complete

Carles Cufi

Hi Kumar, Anas,

Yes, conf is now part of the SDK on Linux. That said, and since bundling an SDK for macOS and Windows is tricky, our current plan is to switch to Python for Kconfig.