Date

Re: Error by building own app

Please refer to this troubleshooting item:

https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/guides/west/troubleshooting.html#invalid-choice-build-or-flash-etc

"Olga Syrbachova via lists.zephyrproject.org"
<syrba4eva28=gmail.com@lists.zephyrproject.org> writes:

Hi! I want to create my own app. So I've followed the instructions given on
the website https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/application/index.html.
For the beginning I just copied the src/main.c, CMakeLists.txt (here I
changed the project name to "my_app") and orj.conf from
zephyrproject/zephyr/samples/hello_world to Home/app. Next I ran

west build -b qemu_x86

and got an error:

ol@ol-H270M-DS3H:~$ west build -b qemu_x86 ~/app
usage: west [-h] [-z ZEPHYR_BASE] [-v] [-V] <command> ...
west: error: argument <command>: invalid choice: 'build' (choose from
'init', 'update', 'list', 'manifest', 'diff', 'status', 'forall',
'help', 'config', 'topdir', 'selfupdate')

I also tried to run this command with --pristine, but it didn't work.
What am I doing wrong? Any help would be highly appreciated. Thank you
in advance.

Re: Message Queues

Olga Syrbachova <syrba4eva28@...>

Thank you very much for your reply! Unfortunately I can't find samples/scheduler/metairq_dispatch neither on the website of zephyrproject nor on  GIT. Could you please tell me where I can find  msgdev.c?

And also I would like to know if it's the right way to build my own application by modifying a "synchronization" sample? I'm doing it right under $HOME/zephyrproject/zephyr/samples/synchronization/src. Or should I create a new file in another directory?

Many thanks in advance!

On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 at 07:52, Kim Boendergaard <kim.boendergaard@...> wrote:

Consider having a look at msgdev.c in samples/scheduler/metairq_dispatch

I think that clearly answer your questions

Best regards,

Kim Bøndergaard | Software Tech Lead, Esco Medical
Od: Piotr Barszczewski <piotr@...>
Wysłane: czwartek, 18 marca 2021 17:20
Do: Lawrence King <lawrence.king@...>; users@... <users@...>; Chruściński, Krzysztof <Krzysztof.Chruscinski@...>
Temat: Re: ODP: [Zephyr-users] console_getline vs 0ms char delay in UART comms

Hello Krzysztof,

Good point, forgot to mention that. Flow control pins are specified in DTS as well as FT232R has FC lines connected to nRF52832. Changing FC settings in Cutecom doesn’t change anything and data is corrupted as before.
The board itself has no issues with doing DFU with https://github.com/NordicSemiconductor/pc-nrfutil on other firmware written in various versions of nRF5 SDK and by default HWFC is required there.

Best regards,
Piotr

On 18 March 2021 at 15:08:13, Chruściński, Krzysztof (krzysztof.chruscinski@...) wrote:

Hi,

do you have flow control enabled? When it is disabled then after each byte receiver is stopped and restarted after reading the byte. Restarting may happen when transmitter is already started, in the middle of the byte. In that case, byte will be corrupted.

regards,
Krzysztof

Od: users@... <users@...> w imieniu użytkownika Piotr Barszczewski via lists.zephyrproject.org <piotr=1am.pl@...>
Wysłane: czwartek, 18 marca 2021 14:35
Do: Lawrence King <lawrence.king@...>; users@... <users@...>

I actually was about to check the signals out of curiosity and sending them in the attachment. All of the following were done with 8N1 @ 115200 and flashed with https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/samples/subsys/console/getline/README.html having different DTS for the custom board of course. Every time I’ve sent "1234\r\n” to the nrf52832-QFAA chip and connected with the probes directly to UART lines.
I’ve checked the PCBs on Linux and OSX to get rid of suspicion that the OS drivers might somehow be involved in makig things funny.
  1. nrf52832-DK-0ms-delay.png - nRF52832 DK with 0ms delay set. All ok
  2. nrf52832-DK-1ms-delay.png - nRF52832 DK with 1ms delay set. All ok
  3. nrf52832-pcb-UART-0ms-char-delay.png - the tested custom PCB with 0ms delay. Data gets corrupted actually on TX and RX but what is returned is different thatn what is sent
  4. nrf52832-pcb-UART-1ms-char-delay.png - As above but 1ms delay. All ok
  5. nrf52832-pcb-UART-OSX-0ms-char-delay.png - Same as 3 but on OSX using Coolterm
  6. nrf52832-pcb-UART-OSX-1ms-char-delay.png - Same as 4 but on OSX using Coolterm
I’ve also tried changing to 8N2 but the result was the same.
From the nrf52832-pcb-UART-0ms it looks like the RX corruption happens when nrf52832 starts transmitting but then it handles every n-th byte correctly. What is even stranger is that the analyzer gets a different value than what was sent and what nRF52832 received. I don’t really understand what could be the difference as both are nrf52832 (same frequency clocks) in the end, the only thing that is different is the way USB-UART converter is made and handled on OS level. Though I can’t really say that FT232R has failed like that before. It’s just this particular firmware and the way it handles the data.

I will try to find some USB-UART converter which will enumerate as ttyACM device on my Linux, unsolder the FTDI chip and try talking through ttyACM it instead of a /dev/ttyUSB one. Maybe there is something to it.

Best regards,

On 17 March 2021 at 23:49:09, Lawrence King (lawrence.king@...) wrote:

I wasn’t suspecting your FT232R HW, just how the various terminal programs set up the HW may be different. When all other debugging fails, nothing beats the certainty of capturing the waveforms with an oscilloscope and validating that all of the characters were sent, and the signal levels are good. But you are not likely to this level of debugging yet.

When you are using cutecom, try setting to 8N2. This adds one extra bit time between characters which a lot less than 1mS and may be enough that you stop dropping characters.

What baudrate are you running at? The usual 115200? Do you see the same problem if you try slower speeds like 38400 or 19200? Of course you need to change both ends of the link if you select an alternat baud rate.

Finally, what processor and processor clock rate are you running, you may simply be sending characters faster than your processor can respond to interrupts and receive the characters (which would make sense if you are missing every second character).