Date

Re: lis2mdl magnetometer in microbit v2 #i2c #driver #lis2dw12

William Fish

Edited

I've had a quick look and am confused as there is reference to a file:
#include "lis2mdl_reg.h"

It appears that when this driver was created they may have forgotten to include both lis2mdl_reg.c and lis2mdl_reg.h, eg like these:
https://os.mbed.com/teams/ST/code/LIS2MDL//file/8562ae1a0534/lis2mdl_reg.c/https://github.com/tencentyun/qcloud-iot-c-sdk-porting-examples/blob/master/Tencent_icube_based_Nucleol476_FreeRTOS/Drivers/BSP/Components/lis2mdl/lis2mdl_reg.c

Billy..

Re: lis2mdl magnetometer in microbit v2 #i2c #driver #lis2dw12

Armando VISCONTI <armando.visconti@...>

Hi Marti,

On 7/14/21 9:15 PM, Bolivar, Marti wrote:
Hi,
+Armando
"frank.duignan via lists.zephyrproject.org"
<frank.duignan=gmail.com@lists.zephyrproject.org> writes:

I have been experimenting with the microbit v2 and zephyr.  Everything seems to work ok except for the magnetometer.  The values it produces do not change when you re-orient the device.  If you re-orient the device and power cycle it you will see a new set of values which will remain unchanged until the next power cycle. My build version is zephyr-v2.6.0-535-gbd09d4ff3f81
The accelerometer, bluetooth and digital i/o all work fine.
While wandering through the code and experimenting with various configuration options I came across an error in lis2mdl.c on line 453:
const struct lis2mdl_config *cfg = dev->config;
There is no 'dev' parameter passed to this function however there is a "config" parameter and this modification works:
const struct lis2mdl_config *cfg = config;// dev->config;
Did you send a pull request with the fix? If not, please do. Although
I'm confused about how this builds with no 'dev' in scope.
I confirm that, in case CONFIG_PM_DEVICE is enabled, the driver does not
build correctly.
I just created a pull request with the fix (#36975) as suggested by
Frank.

Having said that, I doubt this PR will fix the original issue of the
reporter ("The values it produces do not change when you re-orient the
device"), as the lis2mdl pm_control init routine was never called (in
the PR I fixed also this).

I suggest to open a specific bug for it and I'll look into it.
Thanks for reporting this build bug!

Armando

[...]

Martí

bt_gatt_read() multiply read #bluetooth #nrf52840

antonsolonovich@...

Hello,
I use nrf52840-dk as central_hr and nrf52833-dk as peripheral_hr, examples from NRF Connect SDK.
I want to read two or more values using bt_gatt_read().
Code:

dis->read_params.func = gatt_read_cb;
dis->read_params.handle_count  = 2;
dis->read_params.handles = dis_handles;
err = bt_gatt_read(dis->conn, &(dis->read_params));

I read two values,

BT_UUID_DIS_MODEL_NUMBER, which is "Model"

and BT_UUID_DIS_SERIAL_NUMBER, with value "serial"

Here you can see part of my log,

gatt read cb // We are in callback

data length 11 //One length for two values?

data = Modelserial //Don't understand how to split it

gatt read cb //Extra callback with zero length? Does it mean that reading finished?

data length 0

empty data

The problem is that in multiply read I get one callback and one length for all values,
and I don't understand how to split it, and what value for what characteristic is.

Also I've asked it on DevZone
https://devzone.nordicsemi.com/f/nordic-q-a/77045/discovery-dis
but no success there

Thank you,
Anton

Re: Understanding Ztest and Test Execution for Zephyr

Kevin Townsend

At the recent Zephyr Dev Summit, there was a talk -- "On-target testing with Twister and the process of results publishing" -- which covers this. It doesn't look like that video has been published yet, but they're releasing them in batches and it should be available here shortly: https://zephyrproject.org/blog/

The "Testing Mini Conference" is the one you'll want, see Day One here: https://zephyrproject.org/zephyr-developer-summit-day-1-preview/

Kevin

On Tue, 13 Jul 2021 at 10:35, Pandey, Mithun <mithunpandey@...> wrote:

HI all,

I was going through the test documentation under https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/blob/main/doc/guides/test/ztest.rst

Is there any more documentation available regarding understanding Ztest framework, and also the testcase.yaml and other files available to define the test scenarios.

I am also trying to understand the way these test cases are executed, based on the GitHub actions, it looks like the tests are only running on the QEMU emulator on ubuntu VMs.

But seeing the test reports it looks like the Test are also running for different architectures under different boards on HW also.

How are the tests on HW getting executed and triggered for each pull requests ? any pointers in this area will be helpful.

Thanks and Regards

Mithun

Understanding Ztest and Test Execution for Zephyr

Pandey, Mithun

[...]

Frank Duignan

I have been experimenting with the microbit v2 and zephyr.  Everything seems to work ok except for the magnetometer.  The values it produces do not change when you re-orient the device.  If you re-orient the device and power cycle it you will see a new set of values which will remain unchanged until the next power cycle. My build version is zephyr-v2.6.0-535-gbd09d4ff3f81
The accelerometer, bluetooth and digital i/o all work fine.
While wandering through the code and experimenting with various configuration options I came across an error in lis2mdl.c on line 453:
const struct lis2mdl_config *cfg = dev->config;
There is no 'dev' parameter passed to this function however there is a "config" parameter and this modification works:
const struct lis2mdl_config *cfg = config;// dev->config;

Re: options for missing driver functions

Jeff Haynes <feedyurhed@...>

Yes, we have production boards for a medical device we’re building.

Thanks,

Jeff

On Mon, Jul 5, 2021 at 11:35 AM Armando VISCONTI <armando.visconti@...> wrote:
On 6/30/21 9:26 PM, Jeff Haynes wrote:

> Thanks a lot for the fast response.  That sounds great and I'd be happy
> to contribute whenever you're ready.  Do you have any idea what you're
> thinking in terms of timing?

Well, I have other non-zephyr related stuff to carry on.
I guess I can start working on it in a couple of weeks from now.

Is this req related to any particular project?

Thanks,
Armando
--
If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Re: options for missing driver functions

Armando VISCONTI <armando.visconti@...>

On 6/30/21 9:26 PM, Jeff Haynes wrote:
Thanks a lot for the fast response.  That sounds great and I'd be happy to contribute whenever you're ready.  Do you have any idea what you're thinking in terms of timing?
Well, I have other non-zephyr related stuff to carry on.
I guess I can start working on it in a couple of weeks from now.

Is this req related to any particular project?

Thanks,
Armando

Re: Application build from multiple libs.

tomasz.sleboda@...

Hi,

I've just followed mentioned example.
Using extensions.cmake functions I was able to fetch needed variables:
zephyr_get_include_directories_for_lang_as_string(       C PROJECT_INCLUDE)
zephyr_get_system_include_directories_for_lang_as_string(C SYSTEM_INCLUDE)
zephyr_get_compile_definitions_for_lang_as_string(       C COMPILE_DEFINITIONS)
zephyr_get_compile_options_for_lang_as_string(           C COMPILE_OPTIONS)

Then applied them into sub-libs CMakeLists.txt :

target_include_directories(${LIB_NAME}
    PUBLIC
        $<BUILD_INTERFACE:${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/include>
    PRIVATE
        ${PROJECT_INCLUDE}
    SYSTEM
        ${SYSTEM_INCLUDE}
    )

target_compile_definitions(${LIB_NAME}
    PUBLIC
        ${COMPILE_DEFINITIONS}
    )

target_compile_options(${LIB_NAME}
    PUBLIC
        ${COMPILE_OPTIONS}
    )

Re: Application build from multiple libs.

Raúl Sánchez Siles

El lunes, 5 de julio de 2021 12:36:36 (CEST) tomasz.sleboda via lists.zephyrproject.org escribió:

Hi,
I'm trying to port our application to run under Zephyr.
Application itself is build as a set of different libraries (e.g. libComm, libMeasurements...and libapp).
All libs are compiled and linked together with build success, but.. application crashes.

Digging deeper into compile process sims that objects under libapp target has proper includes, defines and compile options.
Rest of objects are wrongly compiled.

Is there way to populate build options from 'app' target to other libs (subcomponents) and objects via cmake functions?

-Tomasz S.

--

Raúl Sánchez Siles

SW Engineer

K-LAGAN EID

Application build from multiple libs.

tomasz.sleboda@...

Hi,
I'm trying to port our application to run under Zephyr.
Application itself is build as a set of different libraries (e.g. libComm, libMeasurements...and libapp).
All libs are compiled and linked together with build success, but.. application crashes.

Digging deeper into compile process sims that objects under libapp target has proper includes, defines and compile options.
Rest of objects are wrongly compiled.

Is there way to populate build options from 'app' target to other libs (subcomponents) and objects via cmake functions?

-Tomasz S.

NetworkING Forum Agenda

Lubos, Robert

Hi all,

There is a networking forum tomorrow Tue 6 July at 8AM PST / 17.00 CEST.

Currently there are no major topics on the agenda. We’re going to briefly discuss networking stack maintenance transition from Jukka to me. Please let me know if there is any other topic that you would like to add to the agenda for tomorrow.

Meeting notes:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qFsOpvbyLzhflJbbv4Vl__497pKHDoUCy9hjAveyCX0

Shared Folder:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1j6d0FLeOjiMil1Ellb59AsfHdzuWdAAc?usp=sharing

Teams meeting:
https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_NDU5ODRkNzktZDBmNC00MDg5LWI2OWEtNzM0MGZjMDU0Yjgw%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22af0096d9-700c-411a-b795-b3dd7122bad2%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%22841a7c92-7816-4faf-9887-5e334e88f6d8%22%7d

Regards,
ROBERT LUBOS | Senior Firmware Engineer
M +48 504 088 482 | Krakow, Poland
nordicsemi.com | devzone.nordicsemi.com

Nordic_logo_signature

Zephyr SDK 0.13.0-rc1 available

We’ve release the first release candidate for the SDK 0.13.0. The main changes in these release are support for ARC64, Qemu 6.0.0, OpenOCD, and some newlib updates/fixes.

SDK 0.13.0-rc1 can be found here:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/sdk-ng/releases/tag/v0.13.0-rc1

Please download and try things out and report any issues.

Changes since the last release:

• general:
- Added support for ARC64. NOTE: GDB isn't currently supported for ARC64.

• qemu:
- Updated to QEMU 6.0.0
- Added arc64 support. NOTE: this update ARC support replaces the machine (-M simhs) with (-M virt). This change will require updates to boards/arc/qemu_arc/board.cmake in Zephyr to match.
- Pull in fixes from upstream for:
hw/arm: Fix modelling of SSE-300 TCMs and SRAM

• gcc:
- Update to gcc 10.3 release
- Added support for ARC64
- Removed libgcc transactional memory clone registry support
- Fixed incorrect build specs for libstdc++ nano variant. The libstdc++ nano variant, which is used with newlib-nano, is now built with -fno-exceptions to reduce compiled binary size.

• binutils:
- Updated to add support for ARC64

• newlib:
- Updated to add support for ARC64
- Added multithreading support

• openocd:
- Update to upstream 20210630 snapshot

• crosstool-ng:
- sync with upstream. Upstream now supports newlib-nano so we drop our Zephyr specific updates. This also pulls in gcc-10.3 and initial support for ARC64.

• yocto:
- Update to yocto 3.2.3 baseline. This is in prep to support building qemu-6.0.0

- k

Re: Slack Invite

Kumar Gala

On Jul 2, 2021, at 5:21 AM, Daniel O <dsoliveira@criticalsoftware.com> wrote:

Hi there,

I'm with the same problem I have also tried with Google login.
It seems the public link is unavailable

Adafruit feather sense Internal Clock

Dimitrios Kosyvas <kosyvas14828@...>

Hello

I also have the adafruit feather sense board  with the nrf52840 processor and i am using zephyr to program it .The only way to work is for me to enable the  32k internal RC Oscillator by writing

# 32kHz clock source - necessary for Adafruit Sense (Internal Clock!)
CONFIG_CLOCK_CONTROL_NRF_K32SRC_RC=y
CONFIG_CLOCK_CONTROL_NRF_K32SRC_500PPM=y

I was wondering if the reason for not working is that zephyr RTOS needs the RTC .

Could you explain why the initialization  of the internal 32k clock  is necessary ?

Thanks

Dimitris Kosyvas

Re: Slack Invite

alohre@...

The slack invite is mentioned in the documentation here:
https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/introduction/index.html .
search for slack and you will find this tinyurl slack invite link: https://tinyurl.com/2vue8666

Re: Slack Invite

Daniel O <dsoliveira@...>

Hi there,

I'm with the same problem I have also tried with Google login.
It seems the public link is unavailable

Re: Slack Invite

Using existing domain from the list is an option, did you try to use some other way or do you have an account on slack already?

On 1 Jul 2021, at 06:01, Davide Pollarolo <dpollarolo@...> wrote:

Hello,

asking if anyone knows how to request an invite for the Zephyr Slack Workspace...?

My work email is not part of any of the below domains:
<image.png>

Slack Invite

Davide Pollarolo