Date

Re: big_http_download sample localhost download

Brenton Chetty

I forgot to mention.

After downloading up to 2680 bytes, I receive the following error:
     Timeout on reading responsees; 2 KiB; 0 MiB

Re: big_http_download sample localhost download

Brenton Chetty

Hi Robert

Thank you for your assistance. I managed to get qemu to begin downloading a file on localhost.
However, the file downloads up to a maximum of 2680 bytes, then it fails, and restarts the download.

Do you have any suggestions on why this only happens when downloading on localhost?

Regards
Brenton

On Wed, Nov 3, 2021 at 2:45 PM Lubos, Robert <Robert.Lubos@...> wrote:

Hi Brenton,

The DNS server configuration shouldn’t be an issue in this case, as we provide the IP address of the server – in such case the DNS query isn’t even sent as we already know the IP address.

I’ve reproduced the problem locally, and it turned out there was a problem with ARP retransmission handling, wrong source address was selected for the retransmission, I’ve posted a PR with a fix proposal:

Another thing is that the reason for the ARP retransmission even being sent  is the fact that e1000 driver does not process any incoming packets early after boot (for about 1 second). I have to little knowledge the particular device/driver to figure out why is this happening, but I’ve asked the question in the aforementioned PR, perhaps we’ll get some answers there.

Regards,

Robert

Od: users@... <users@...> w imieniu użytkownika Jason Bens via lists.zephyrproject.org <jason.bens=teufel.de@...>
Wysłane: środa, 3 listopada 2021 12:35
Do: users@... <users@...>
Temat: [Zephyr-users] k_sleep causes nRF5340 to reset

Hi,

I’m porting some code from an nRF5340 eval board to my own board, and I’ve run into an issue.  While waiting for the net core to boot up, I enter a loop and call k_sleep until an initialization callback returns, before proceeding to the rest of the code.  For some reason, k_sleep is causing the application to reset, but only when building for release.  Debug works perfectly fine.  Replacing k_sleep with k_busy_wait or k_yield also works.  This code was originally built on the zephyr release that ships with nRF Connect SDK 1.6.1, but updating to 1.7.1 doesn’t resolve the issue.

I’m working on creating a minimal project that reproduces this behaviour, but in the meantime, what could I check to troubleshoot this?  Blinky, which also uses k_sleep in main, does not trigger a reset loop.

Thanks,

  • Jason

Re: big_http_download sample localhost download

Lubos, Robert

[...]

Jason Bens

[...]

version of zephyr project

Nikos Karamolegkos

Hello, I have downloaded zephyrproject one year ago and I was developing in zephyr subfolder. Now I want to share this repository with my colleague, how can I find which version of zephyrproject is installed (where I had started) in order to ask him to install the same version and use my zephyr folder.

What is the best solution to this?

--
Nikos Karamolegkos
R & D engineer at ICS-FORTH

[...]

Re: Timer with fixed interrupt period

Henrik Brix Andersen

Hi,

The counter API provides exactly that: https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/reference/peripherals/counter.html

Brgds,
Brix
--
Henrik Brix Andersen

On 31 Oct 2021, at 20.46, Arsenii Soitu <seniasoitu@...> wrote:

Hello. I use stm32f429 and Zephyr Os 2.7.0

Is there any API for timers with fixed interrupt period?
I need to change PWM duty cycle exactly every 1000 us. In bare-metal I would have used general purpose timer with fixed interrupt period, and changed duty cycle in interrupt handler
But how should I manage with such task under Zephyr Os?

Thank you

Timer with fixed interrupt period

Arsenii Soitu

Hello. I use stm32f429 and Zephyr Os 2.7.0

Is there any API for timers with fixed interrupt period?
I need to change PWM duty cycle exactly every 1000 us. In bare-metal I would have used general purpose timer with fixed interrupt period, and changed duty cycle in interrupt handler
But how should I manage with such task under Zephyr Os?

Thank you

USB OTG?

Dave Nadler

Does Zephyr support USB host mode and also USB-OTG?
If not, is it on the roadmap?
Thanks!
Best Regards, Dave

--
Dave Nadler, USA East Coast voice (978) 263-0097, drn@..., Skype
 Dave.Nadler1

stm32: PWM: "st,prescaler" pwm property moved to timers node

Alexandre BOURDIOL <alexandre.bourdiol@...>

Hi all,

I'd like to inform STM32 PWM users that I'm pushing a change [1] to move Device Tree property "st,prescaler" from pwm node to timers node.

Benefit is that it reflect hardware reality, and prescaler is usable by  other drivers based on timers (like counter with ongoing PR #39414)

This change will be hopefully integrated in the next Zephyr DV.

Note that I temporarily avoid compatibility break:  if "st,prescaler" is defined in PWM node, it will be the value used by PWM driver.

[1] https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/39628

Regards,

Alexandre Bourdiol

Re: Setting MAC address at boot? #stm32

Anders

Update! Problem solved. The function net_if_set_link_addr() sets the MAC address.

Why isn't the function named net_if_set_mac_addr()?

Re: MCUboot - Signing image for slot 1 #mcuboot

Adam Podogrocki

Hi Brenton,

The only images you should flash are MCUboot and an image that goes to Slot#0. Any further operations should be conducted with the mcumgr tool. At least I used to do that. This tool gives you options to upload the new image (the first uploaded image should obviously be the one dedicated to slot#1), list already uploaded images, to check which slot is the current one, to boot from specified slot in test mode and finally to confirm, that the currently run image should become the active one.

This tool performs swapping of images, so this is why you should also have a scratch_partition in your layout, e.g.
partitions {
  boot_partition {};
  slot0_partition {};
  slot1_partition {};
  scratch_partition {};
  data_partition{}; // remaining space for application data purposes, optional
};
When the image is confirmed, then swapping takes place and always the image from slot#0 is booted.

At the time I used that tool UART and Bluetooth protocol were available.

Cheers,
Adam

On Thu, 28 Oct 2021 at 08:57, Brenton Chetty <brent7984@...> wrote:
Hi Adam

Thank you for your reply. Sorry for the late response, as I have been getting sporadic results, i.e. sometimes the image upgrade works and most of the time it doesn't.

I have been using the following commands to sign and flash the image:
     rm -r build && west build -p auto -b nrf52840dk_nrf52840 samples/zephyr/hello-world/ -DCONFIG_BOOTLOADER_MCUBOOT=y -DDTC_OVERLAY_FILE="boards/nrf52840dk_nrf52840.overlay"
     west sign -t imgtool -- --key ~/zephyrproject/bootloader/mcuboot/root-rsa-2048.pem --header-size 0x200 --align 8 --version 3.0.2+1 --slot-size 0x67000 --pad && west flash --skip-rebuild -- --hex-file build/zephyr/zephyr.signed.hex

where the overlay file contains:
/ {
   chosen {
      zephyr,code-partition = &slot1_partition;

I used --pad for both slots. I've noticed that sometimes when I flash to slot 1, sometimes the primary image swap_type=0x2 (test) and sometimes it's 0x4 (revert).
I have confirmed that I am flashing my slot0 and slot1 images to the correct addresses (with padding).

I am not sure if the Version number plays a role in my error. Do you have any suggestions on the top of your mind as to why I am getting sporadic results with the firmware upgrades?

With thanks
Brenton

On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 6:54 PM Adam Podogrocki <a.podogrocki@...> wrote:
Hi Brenton,

please try similar command:

imgtool.py sign --key root-rsa-2048.pem --header-size 0x200 --align 8 --version <YOUR_VERSION> --slot-size <YOUR_SLOT_SIZE_IN_HEX> ZEPHYR_BIN_FILE NAME_OF_THE_SIGNED_FILE

Cheers,
Adam

On Mon, 25 Oct 2021 at 13:40, Brenton Chetty <brent7984@...> wrote:
1. Hi, how do I go about signing an image for slot1 usage.

I used the following command for flashing into slot0 successfully:
    west sign -t imgtool -- --key ~/zephyrproject/bootloader/mcuboot/root-rsa-2048.pem && west flash --skip-rebuild -- --hex-file build/zephyr/zephyr.signed.hex

I adjusted my nrf52840dk_nrf52840 config as follows to flash into slot1:
    chosen {
        zephyr,code-partition = &slot1_partition;
    };

however when signing the image after this change, the offsets remain the same as it should be for slot 0
     === image configuration:
     partition offset: 49152 (0xc000)                     (slot 1 should start at 0x73000)
     partition size: 421888 (0x67000)
     rom start offset: 512 (0x200)

2. Is there any tutorials online for MCUboot usage on Zephyr?
I am attempting to get OTA firmware upgrade on my dev kit and I am not sure about the basic commands (Config Variables) to utilize mcuboot on zephyr.

Regards
Brenton

[...]

Martin Kozusky

Hi,
why do you want to compile it with offset of slot1? Normaly you compile image for slot0, upload it to slot1 and MCUboot will swap them after reboot.

Martin

Dne 25.10.2021 v 13:40 Brenton Chetty napsal(a):

[...]

I'm new to Zephyr and is struggling with how to configure the MAC address for the ethernet interface on an STM32F767 based platform at boot.
I have searched the internet and the Zephyr documentation for guidance but have not found anything useful.

I have managed to set the MAC address at boot by modifying the function eth_initialize in eth_stm32_hal.c but there must be another way of doing this then modifying the driver or?

Regards,
Anders

[...]

Re: MCUboot "Image in the primary slot is not valid" #mcuboot

Martin Kozusky

Hi,
may be you forgot to sign the image?

west sign -t imgtool -- --key path_to_mcuboot\root-rsa-2048.pem   (or other key that mcuboot is using)
west flash --skip-rebuild -- --hex-file build/zephyr/zephyr.signed.hex

Martin

Dne 21.10.2021 v 14:17 Brenton Chetty napsal(a):

Hi there

I am having issues getting started with MCUboot. I flashed MCUboot version 1.8-dev onto my "nrf52840dk_nrf52840" and "nrf5340dk_nrf5340_cpuapp". I then flashed the hello_world sample to my boards.
I added "CONFIG_BOOTLOADER_MCUBOOT=y" to the hello_world sample in prj.conf.
I am using Zephyr 2.6.
Is there some configuration that I am missing?

*** Booting Zephyr OS build zephyr-v2.6.0-495-gf5b0f92bb718  ***
I: Starting bootloader
I: Primary image: magic=unset, swap_type=0x1, copy_done=0x3, image_ok=0x3
I: Secondary image: magic=unset, swap_type=0x1, copy_done=0x3, image_ok=0x3
I: Boot source: none
W: Failed reading image headers; Image=0
E: Image in the primary slot is not valid!
E: Unable to find bootable image

Any advice would be appreciated

Regards
Brenton

Re: PlatformIO for flashing zephyr code on ESP 32

Komal Rajput-Hajare <komal.hajare5@...>

Thank you so much.

On Thu, Oct 21, 2021, 2:09 PM Raúl Sánchez Siles <rsanchezs@...> wrote:

  Hi Komal:

  Although I haven't used PlatformIO with Zephyr myself I know there is a documentation section about it:

https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/guides/platformio/index.html

  HTH,

El jueves, 21 de octubre de 2021 4:35:26 (CEST) Komal Rajput-Hajare via lists.zephyrproject.org escribió:

Hello

I don't have idea about this error because I haven't try west tool on Ubuntu. Sorry for this.

  I am  trying to flash the code(  hello  world) on esp32 using PlatformIO IDE on windows. Zephyr Version is 2.7.99.

With the help of west tool on windows my team member successfully flash code on esp32.

And platformIO even doesn't contain package of zephyr. what is the way to solve this problem.

Kindly suggest any solution.

Thank you and regards

Komal

On Wed, Oct 20, 2021, 3:47 PM Komal Rajput-Hajare <komal.hajare5@...> wrote:

Hello Zephyr foundation

     Currently I am working on ESP32 and zephyr RTOS. But using PlatformIO IDE. My client want zephyr RTOS on ESP32 but only via platform IO. I got sucess using west tool. But not by PlatformIO ide.

I didn't found any support from zephyr for PlatformIO specially for esp32.

Do any one have idea about it? how can I do that?

Can you please help me in this.

Thank you and Regards

Komal Hajare

AVISO LEGAL: Este mensaje y sus archivos adjuntos van dirigidos exclusivamente a su destinatario, pudiendo contener información confidencial sometida a secreto profesional. No está permitida su comunicación, reproducción o distribución sin autorización expresa. Si usted no es el destinatario final, por favor elimínelo e infórmenos por esta vía. PROTECCIÓN DE DATOS: De conformidad con lo dispuesto en la normativa de protección de datos personales, Reglamento (UE) 2016/679, le informamos que los datos personales y dirección de correo electrónico, serán tratados por K-LAGAN GROUP, S.L. y empresas del grupo con la finalidad de gestionar nuestra agenda de contactos, atender sus solicitudes por vía electrónica, así como a efectos históricos. Los datos se tratarán en base a su consentimiento, ejecución de un contrato, o el cumplimiento de obligaciones legales y los intereses legítimos de K-LAGAN GROUP, S.L y empresas del grupo. El plazo de conservación de los datos será el establecido en la normativa aplicable, como mínimo. Puede contactar con el responsable, así como ejercer los derechos de acceso, rectificación, supresión, portabilidad de datos, limitación, oposición y revocación del consentimiento en TRAVESERA DE GRACIA, 73 - 79 7ª PLANTA, 08006, BARCELONA, BARCELONA. Tienen derecho a realizar una reclamación ante las autoridades de protección de datos. Para más información consulte la política de privacidad en www.k-lagan.com
LEGAL NOTICE: This message and its attachments are addressed exclusively to the recipient, and may contain confidential information subject to professional secrecy. Its communication, reproduction or distribution without express permission is not allowed. If you are not the final recipient, please delete it and inform us through this channel. DATA PROTECTION: In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, we inform you that the personal data and e-mail address, will be processed by K-LAGAN GROUP, S.L. and companies of the group for managing our contact list and dealing with your requests electronically as well as for historical purposes. The data will be processed based on your consent, execution of a contract, or the fulfilment of legal obligations and legitimate interests of K-LAGAN ESPAÑA, K-LAGAN GROUP, S.L. and companies of the group. The data will be stored as laid down in the applicable law, as a minimum. You can contact the controller, as well as exercise your rights of access, rectification, erasure, data portability, limitation and opposition as well as revocation of consent given in your case, by contacting K-LAGAN GROUP, S.L. and companies of the group in TRAVESERA DE GRACIA, 73 - 79 7ª PLANTA, 08006, BARCELONA, BARCELONA. You have the right to make a complaint to the data protection authorities. For more information consult the privacy policy at www.k-lagan.com

--

Raúl Sánchez Siles

SW Engineer

K-LAGAN EID