Date

Re: [Zephyr-devel] How to use BOARD_ROOT to define out-of-tree boards?

Henrik Brix Andersen

Hi,

On 14 Mar 2018, at 16.08, Li, Jun R <jun.r.li@intel.com> wrote:

For the first way, I got an error:
-- Selected BOARD stm32f4_disoc
No board named 'stm32f4_disoc' found
Was the typo intentional (“disoc” vs. “disco)? Otherwise, that may explain why your board definition was not picked up.

Regards,
Brix
--
Henrik Brix Andersen

How to use BOARD_ROOT to define out-of-tree boards?

Li, Jun R <jun.r.li@...>

Hi,

I’m trying to use the new feature implemented by PR #6150 to define my private boards. I just copied samples/hello_word to an out-of-tree directory and copied boards/arm/stm32f4_disco to the directory hello_world to have a try.

So, my directory structure is like this:

.

├── boards

   └── arm

       └── stm32f4_disco

           ├── board.cmake

           ├── board.h

           ├── CMakeLists.txt

           ├── doc

              ├── img

                 └── en.stm32f4_discovery.jpg

              └── stm32f4_disco.rst

           ├── Kconfig.board

           ├── Kconfig.defconfig

           ├── pinmux.c

           ├── stm32f4_disco_defconfig

           ├── stm32f4_disco.dts

           ├── stm32f4_disco.yaml

           └── support

               └── openocd.cfg

├── build

   ├── CMakeCache.txt

   └── CMakeFiles

       └── cmake.check_cache

├── CMakeLists.txt

├── prj.conf

├── prj_single.conf

├── README.rst

├── sample.yaml

└── src

    └── main.c

However, I couldn't make cmake to find the board I defined by either of the following two ways:

1.     Directly specify the BOARD_ROOT by the command: “cmake -DBOARD=stm32f4_disco -DBOARD_ROOT=./ ..

2.     Specify the BOARD_ROOT in my CMakefile:

include($ENV{ZEPHYR_BASE}/cmake/app/boilerplate.cmake NO_POLICY_SCOPE)

project(NONE)

set(BOARD_ROOT ./)

target_sources(app PRIVATE src/main.c)

For the first way, I got an error:

            -- Selected BOARD stm32f4_disoc

No board named 'stm32f4_disoc' found

For the second way, it can compile and find the board, but the used board directory is still the original one in Zephyr:

-- Found PythonInterp: /usr/bin/python3 (found suitable version "3.5.2", minimum required is "3.4")

-- Selected BOARD stm32f4_disco

Zephyr version: 1.11.99

Parsing Kconfig tree in /home /projects/my_base_1.11/zephyr/Kconfig

Using /home/projects/my_base_1.11/zephyr/boards/arm/stm32f4_disco/stm32f4_disco_defconfig as base

I’m wondering what’s wrong on my usage of BOARD_ROOT? Thanks for help!

Regards,

Jun Li | NTG | Intel Corporation

Re: [Zephyr-devel] Bluetooth BLE device not get discount

Luiz Augusto von Dentz

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 9:08 PM, Vikrant More <vikrant8051@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

Currently I am working on Zephyr Bluetooth APIs to build normal
Services-Characteristics based BLE device.

I've observed following things:
1) sometimes when app (for eg. nRF Connect) closes even after that device
doesn't get disconnected

2) sometimes even smartphone Bluetooth switched off then also device doesn't
go from connect state to disconnect state.

Success ratio is approx. 60-70%

Since device doesn't go in disconnected mode, it stop advertising & I have
to restart it for reconnection.

Is it because of App or smartphone OS not actually disconnecting at
background level ?
ATT/GATT is tied with the ACL connection which is maintained by the
controller, so there is very little the host stack can do about it but
perhaps if you are running with combined controller + host then we
need to check why the controller side cannot detect the ACL has been
disconnected.

Thank You !!

Luiz Augusto von Dentz

Re: [Zephyr-devel] error while opening file (NFFS)

Vikrant More <vikrant8051@...>

Hi Ram,
I worked with your suggestion & it works.
I took reference from zephyr/tests/subsys/fs/nffs_fs_api/src/test_mount.c this file.

Thanks,

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 3:36 PM, Pallala, Ramakrishna <ramakrishna.pallala@...> wrote:

Hi Vikranth,

The main change is the introduction of mount point which will allow us to have multiple file systems at once. Now the file system mounting responsibility to given to application and it should tie the backend storage which is intended to use.

We have three examples as of today which demonstrate the usage of file systems API’s:

tests/subsys/fs/fat_fs_api/ => Demonstrate FATFS usage, I would suggest you look into it as it is simple and not many files are there.

tests/subsys/fs/nffs_fs_api/ => Demonstrate NFFS usage

tests/subsys/fs/multi-fs/ => Demonstrate both FATFS and NFFS usage together.

Look into the test_*_mount.c files in these tests which will show how to mount a file system from Application.

This feature is destined for v1.12 release and I will add the documentation accordingly.

Thanks,

Ram