Date

k_thread_user_mode_enter() usage

Vakul Garg <vakul.garg@...>

Hi

I want my application auto-launched at zephyr startup to drop its privileges to become user mode app.
So I moved my applications entry point to app_main() and invoked it from k_thread_user_mode_enter(app_main, NULL, NULL, NULL) from function void main().

Now, before app_main() could get called, I get following error:

***** BUS FAULT *****
Executing thread ID (thread): 0x20002eec
Faulting instruction address: 0x12da
Precise data bus error
Address: 0x20011208
Fatal fault in thread 0x20002eec! Aborting.
***** Stack Check Fail! *****
Faulting instruction address = 0x2a290

I checked that the stack sentinel check is failing in function _check_stack_sentinel().

Can someone advise what I am doing wrong?

Regards

Vakul

Re: [Zephyr-devel] Is someone using Object Tracing?

Boie, Andrew P

The bookkeeping done for user mode serves a different purpose, is tightly integrated to user mode implementation and policy decisions, and its design is not optimal for the sort of IDE debugging use-cases served by object tracing. Please, let's keep them separate.