Date

Re: Help needed for Zephyr compilation

Massimiliano Cialdi

I had the same problem, and I solved it installing pyelftool 0.24

pip3 install pyelftools==0.24

best regards
Max

On 01/08/2017 12:43, Vakul Garg wrote:

Hi

I am newbie to Zephyr and compiling source from HEAD of master branch for target qemu_x86.

I am getting following error.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/home/b16394/zephyr/zephyr-git/scripts/gen_offset_header.py", line 8, in <module>

from elftools.elf.elffile import ELFFile

ImportError: No module named 'elftools'

make[3]: *** [include/generated/offsets.h] Error 1

make[2]: *** [prepare] Error 2

make[1]: *** [sub-make] Error 2

Can someone please help?

I could compile from below mentioned commit, but compiling latest code fails with above error.

commit bc2454fa9e966ab31db6b78439389f9066f840b3

Regards

Vakul

Re: Help needed for Zephyr compilation

Adam Podogrocki

Seems that the Python module named 'elftools' is missing. Please install the mentioned packed and try again.

Cheers,
Adam

Vakul Garg <vakul.garg@...>

Hi

I am newbie to Zephyr and compiling source from HEAD of master branch for target qemu_x86.

I am getting following error.

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "/home/b16394/zephyr/zephyr-git/scripts/gen_offset_header.py", line 8, in <module>

    from elftools.elf.elffile import ELFFile

ImportError: No module named 'elftools'

make[3]: *** [include/generated/offsets.h] Error 1

make[2]: *** [prepare] Error 2

make[1]: *** [sub-make] Error 2

Can someone please help?

I could compile from below mentioned commit, but compiling latest code fails with above error.

commit bc2454fa9e966ab31db6b78439389f9066f840b3

Regards

Vakul

Re: Custom configuration options

Scott Nelson <scott@...>

Thank you! That worked perfectly.

On Jul 31, 2017, at 12:15 PM, Rosen, Michael R <michael.r.rosen@intel.com> wrote:

Scott,

I haven’t had the chance to try this on newer version of Zephyr (this is from a Zephyr 1.7 project), but this is how I added project Kconfig's:

1) In you project's Makefile, add the following:

KBUILD_KCONFIG = $(PWD)/Kconfig
export KBUILD_KCONFIG

2) In your project's main directory (same directory as the Makefile), create a file named Kconfig, and put this in it:

mainmenu "[Project Name Here] Configuration"

config PROJECT_BASE
string
option env="PROJECT_BASE"

source "Kconfig.zephyr"

source "$PROJECT_BASE/src/Kconfig"

You can now create an entire Kconfig tree in your src directory, starting with src/Kconfig.

Mike