Date

How to perform DFU over BLE of the peripheral device using Bluetooth: HCI UART based board connected with linux board? #hci_uart #nrf52840 #ble

bhavya.mathukiya@...

Hi

I want to do the OTA of my nrf52840 based peripheral device through nrf52840(Bluetooth: HCI UART) based Linux gateway. Below is the setup of my project. I know I can perform the OTA of the peripheral device using nrfutil tool by nordic but that is required to have special firmware (connectivity firmware) on the nordic module of linux board. In my case nordic module is having Zephyr Bluetooth: HCI UART application. So is there any solution available to do OTA over BLE using Zephyr Bluetooth: HCI UART application? Any starting point will be helpful to me.

Thankyou,
Bhavya

bluetooth init error -90

Smitha Ratnam <s.ratnam@...>

Hi,

We are trying to use the silicon labs thunderboard sense2 SLTB004A device with bluetooth.
When we program the device the zephyr beacon sample, we get the following error:

* Booting Zephyr OS build zephyr-v2.5.0-3011-gb61c23943c6f  * Starting Beacon Demo Bluetooth init failed (err -19) [00:00:00.007,000] <err> bt_hci_core: No HCI driver registered
What are we supposed to do to get the bluetooth on the device initialised?
Does Zephyr support the device for bluetooth?

Thanks and regards,
Smitha.

Changing default branch name on GitHub - action required

Kumar Gala

We will be changing the default branch on github from 'master' to 'main' on Friday (May 14, 2021).

There is no action required for any open PRs, however you'll need to update your local git clone as follows:

git branch -m master main
git fetch origin
git branch -u origin/main main

You'll need to be utilizing at least west 0.10.1 or later.

Will announce here when this change is made on Friday.

I’ve also opened this GitHub discussion on this topic as well:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/discussions/35230

thanks

- k

Re: partition in board overlay file (for nrf52840-dk)

Nikos Karamolegkos

Thank you. What happens if there is reference in the code to deleted labels? I can not pass the compilation

On 12/5/21 2:27 μ.μ., Lawrence King wrote:
Hi Nikos:

Here is an example of changing the partition table in an overlay file you can see the old partitions deleted, then commented out, and the new partitions:

/delete-node/ &slot0_partition;
/delete-node/ &slot1_partition;
/delete-node/ &scratch_partition;
&flash0 {
/*
* For more information, see:
* http://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/guides/dts/index.html#flash-partitions
*/
partitions {
compatible = "fixed-partitions";
#address-cells = <1>;
#size-cells = <1>;

boot_partition: partition@0 {
label = "mcuboot";
reg = <0x000000000 0x0000C000>;
};
/*
slot0_partition: partition@c000 {
label = "image-0";
reg = <0x0000C000 0x000067000>;
};
slot1_partition: partition@73000 {
label = "image-1";
reg = <0x00073000 0x000067000>;
};
scratch_partition: partition@da000 {
label = "image-scratch";
reg = <0x000da000 0x0001c000>;
};
*/
slot0_partition: partition@c000 {
label = "image-0";
reg = <0x0000C000 0x000075000>;
};
slot1_partition: partition@81000 {
label = "image-1";
reg = <0x00081000 0x000075000>;
};

blob_partition: partition@f7f00 {
label = "image-blob";
reg = <0x000f7f00 0x00000100>;
};

/*
* The flash starting at 0x000f8000 and ending at (32kB)
* 0x000fffff is reserved for use by the application.
*/

/* Storage partition will be used by FCB/NFFS/NVS if enabled. */
storage_partition: partition@f8000 {
label = "storage";
reg = <0x000f8000 0x00008000>;